Most comfortable GP saddles?

meganbirbeck

Visit site
I have just bought a horse and looking for a comfortable GP saddle to use for eventing, I have never bought a saddle (every horse has came with one) so any advice would be brilliant!

be positive

Visit site
What suits one person will not suit another or may not suit the horse, the best advice is to find a saddler who will bring out a selection for you to try, don't use one that can only supply one brand, ideally get someone who will have used as well as new ones so you can get a feel for what you like as well as find something that fits the horse as it really is individual preference especially if you want to jump as well as do flatwork in it.
Make sure you get a proper chance to ride and jump in one before making a purchase.

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
Agree with what be_positive said...but my Falcon Hawk Event XP is very comfy and I've moorland hacked, schooled and jumped in it and it's performed well for all.

dixie

Visit site
I agree with Be Positive too.
However, I love my Jeffries Falcon F1 and before that I found the Black Country saddles very comfortable. But everything will depend on your horse, your length of legs, size of bum etc etc.

Equi

Visit site
Thoroughgoods. And they're interchangable

Not a fan of any of them to be honest. I know more horses that have problems with the likes of wintec/thorowgood than any other saddle and its mostly because people assume you only need it to fit the wither. Saddles need to fit the entire horse, and owner.

I use a kieffer, its what my horse chose to be honest. I love it too, and i'm very comfortable in it. Its also adjustable (within reason and by saddler only) but im not sure if it would be good for eventing cause it can be quite deep and high at the back - but im sure there are other versions etc thats just how i find mine..but my biggest jump ever has been 60cm lol

tashcat

Visit site
Agree about getting a saddler, and picking one right for your horse and you.

I have an ancient Jeffries falcon and absolutely love it - will never sell it, even if I finally find something that doesn't fit it!!

Mule

Visit site
I have a very comfortable kieffer. It's fine for dressage, hacking and xc. It's quite padded but there is enough freedom to move in it.

I like all the Stubbens I've sat in, although I know not everyone finds them comfortable.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I love my Kieffer Garmisch. Done everything in it from XC to dressage. Only one my horse has ever got on with even my made to measure dressage saddle which I gave up to return to my Kieffer which I’ve used for about 12 years.