most effective spray for deterring rug biting

SKW

Visit site
I need to buy a spray to put on rugs to stop another horse biting them. Preferably something that won't make the rug sticky. I was planning on trying NAF no bite, but also saw the McNasty spray on horsehealth. Has anyone had experience with either/know of any others which work better? If not I'll go for the no bite first!!

whizzer

Visit site
I’ve used the naf one for years & it seems to work well on my gelding who for some annoying reason chews the front right corner on his own rugs! Also he messes about with another one in the field to the extent that the other week they’d undone the front of his rug one night & the rug came off so he was naked all night, a spray with this soon stopped that happening again.

ironhorse

Visit site
McNasty is foul and can be effective - we had yearlings chewing other horses' tails this summer and it did work for that, but it's not rainfast, so you'd need to reapply if it is wet. Be careful if you are asthmatic etc as it really gets into your lungs - ideally spray it on outdoors.

Wimbles

Visit site
If that all fails, which it did when my guys were in a field with a rug trasher, I pay a few quid for a damaged lightweight and pop that on top of the good rug

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
I have been using no bite as my mare has just had surgery and she like to remove bandages. She hasn't touched her bandages so it seems to be working. She is on box rest so I don't know how good it is in the rain.