Most stickable riders....

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I would have to guess that eventers have the greatest stickability in an emergency situation (bucking, rearing, bolting, napping, shying, etc, etc) followed perhaps by SJers (or anyone who rides PF!
grin.gif
) I would imagine that dressage riders perhaps are the least stickable *PF dodges flying objects* although I'm happy to be corrected...
What do you think?

Bossanova

Visit site
Eventers are most certainly the best- seen some amazing recoveries!!
I'd say sjers are the worst- they often seem to fall off when horses refuse, not quite sure why.....
Not sure about dressage riders- theyre prob all too scared of falling off to put themselves in a position where they might.
Can you tell which sport I do?! No offence meant to anyone
tongue.gif

Irishcobs

Visit site
Eventers definitely. Not sure about SJers as they tend to ride with their legs back and if a horse did a dirty stop, sail over the horses head. *runs from Sjers with pitchforks*. I think Dressage riders have fairly good stickablity because of their long legs.

PaddyMonty

Visit site
My first response would have been eventers but then i got to thinking about all the loony horses I have seen at higher level dressage in the warm up area. Many a time I have thought "rather you than me" but i have never thought that at any events.
So perhaps dressage riders do have more stickability than we are giving credit for

S_N

Visit site
NO, sorry, I categorically disagree with YOU ALL!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
ANY cowboy/cowgirl that goes the whole 8 seconds has the greatest stickability!!

Followed by Jump jockeys and Eventers together, then dressage riders (higher levels though), then people who break in said evil ponies
grin.gif
, flat race jockeys, then show riders/producers, then SJers, then all grouped together (coz I know little aobut them) Vaulters/le trec peeps/endurance riders, then hackers, then ME
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
I wouldn't like to catorgorise one group as being best as there are a lot of awful riders and a few very good riders in each group with a whole host of mediorce riders in the middle!
smirk.gif

Riders regulary breaking/bringing on youngsters successfully in whatever discipline will in my mind have the best stickability as they will have to endure on average more broncos and sticky situations.

A good dressage rider 'may' on average have a deeper more independant seat BUT as they can't sit out of the saddle so easily to ride the bucks it is harder for them when on a broncker.

Yes a fair few showjumpers are not secure in their seats and will go head first flying if the horse tries it on but so will a fair few eventers I have seen
smirk.gif

So yeah I will say a young horse producer will be best rather than a specific discipline of riding!

IluvCH

Visit site
Eventers are very stickable, mostly and I presume SJ ers are but having seen the horses a lot of dressage riders ride they must be very stickable too, as dressage horses are often v "hyper" as it were.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
i'd put it in this order.... (for the discipline, obviously not including people who back/break)

1) Eventers.
2) Any racing people, (NH/p2p/flat).

3) Young Hunter (show horse) producers.
4) SJers.
5) Dressage.