Most stickable riders....

Does your USED trailer have...

• Total voters

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I would have to guess that eventers have the greatest stickability in an emergency situation (bucking, rearing, bolting, napping, shying, etc, etc) followed perhaps by SJers (or anyone who rides PF!
grin.gif
) I would imagine that dressage riders perhaps are the least stickable *PF dodges flying objects* although I'm happy to be corrected...
What do you think?

Frazer

Visit site
I would probably say eventers, although showjumpers also have to have a decent amouth of stickability i supose, although their position sometimes may not help. Hunters aswell, some of the crazy horses that hunt defently need a good seated rider.

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Agreed, I voted NH jockey. The way some of them stay on a horse that has seriously pecked on landing or has hit a big fence hard are amazing, plus they have short stirrups and a tiny saddle! Braver and more stickable than any other rider!

jayvee

Visit site
Voted NH jockeys.
They don't have much of a chance to line the horse up, do a check, see the stride and then go!

Ok, just noticed that was nothing to do with bucking there, but hey, I am sticking with NH jockeys! As they do ride some nutters IMO.

Ok, no bucking was mentioned either?? (gone mad) NH J for the 'stickability' factor!! I shut up now
laugh.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
got to be the rhodeo cowboys hasnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if they last over 8 seconds
grin.gif
But that's my choice too!

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Flat jockeys dont last much longer than 8 seconds!
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Filthy
ooo.gif

I can see this discussion going downhill.....

TGM

Visit site
I'd definitely go for NH jockeys - I've seen some amazing recoveries from sticky situations and they don't just have their own horse to worry about - the other runners have a nasty tendency to fall in front of them, bash into them, stop in front of them, run across the fence in front of them as well
shocked.gif
! (Rather them than me!)

Jiffy

photobucket.com
What about hunter-types, or don't they count as real riders because their style isn't assessed/judged in the field?

I think riding across unknown terrain surrounded by unknown other horses/dogs might be quite challenging.

Twiglet

Visit site
I think it would totally depend on the situation......in a fast/jumping situation, I'd say the eventers or NH jockeys, but maybe in a bucking fit in the school, the deep seat and secure leg of a dressage rider would give them better stickability?
Don't know why but I wouldn't pick SJ'ers at all - don't know why! I think I've got the image of Geoff Billington from last weeks HH stuck in my head - all that air between him and the saddle!