Mother trying to find fault in dog ?

Spirit2021

Visit site
She is trying her best to find fault in the dog. I don’t know why she hate the dog because the dog has a amazing temperament.

Spirit2021

Visit site
I guess this is the whippet(?) arranged to replace the GSD she lost recently? sounds like she’s actually not as ready for another dog as everyone thought she would be. No use forcing these things, especially after experiencing a loss. Not fair on the whippet, or your mum.
I didn’t lose a dog thankfully I think you’re mistaken me for someone else.

GSD Woman

Visit site
Sounds like your mother has unrealistic expectations. When I brought my cat home I wasn't told she was feral. I've been able to touch her a few times. If your mother will give the dog time maybe she'll warm up to the dog like my cat is to me.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Hate is a strong word. Does your mum actually hate the dog or is she finding the settling in period difficult ?
If your mum is the main carer because you are at work all day, perhaps speak to the dog charity and ask to extend the fostering period before committing to adopt the dog.
Ultimately, the dogs well being is the most important consideration. You can't lie to a dog, they instinctively know when a carer doesn't like them, which makes an unhappy dog with behavioural issues.

paddi22

Visit site
what age is your mum? is she elderly? when my dad hit a certain age he just couldn't cope with change at all. he finds it very overwhelming. did you mother WANT a new dog?

skinnydipper

Visit site
Truthful my mother thinks a rescue dog should be perfect. The dog has already bounded with us I make me feel terrible it’s not a bad dog just a nervous dog. He is very sweet and affectionate.

Please return the dog to the rescue.

I think your mother has unrealistic expectations for rescue dogs, and perhaps dogs in general.

Last edited:

gunnergundog

Visit site
I think this must be the lurcher that the OP posted about a while back; a dog they had only seen a picture of, were unable to visit and yet the 'rescue' sent them the dog on a week long trial. :(

I do think the dog should be returned. However, what chance does it have if it is repeatedly going to be shipped out to different families on a 'try before you buy' basis. Hardly conducive to increasing the animal's confidence. I despair of some rescues.

misst

Visit site
Whose house is it? If it is your mums house and she doesn't want a dog/this dog then send him back. Her house her rules

I am quite picky about the dogs I want in my house on a regular basis. My daughters dog is great and causes no problems. A very good friends dog drives me mad. She adores him, I think he has no manners and is too big and bouncy. My dogs are small slightly vocal terriers - I think they are great but they aren't for everyone. Horses for courses I'm afraid. Mums house mums choice I'm afraid.