Mothers day weekend plans?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
A bit early I know, but this is turning into a long week so thought this thread might see me through...

I'm not up to much, but do have a lesson with someone new so excited about that :biggrin3:

Then the other say I am working, followed by boxing out for a hack with a friend I haven't seen in a while.

Hope the weather is more spring like this weekend for those getting out and about

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I'm going to go home and see the main man :D as not been back since Christmas :eek3: and want to pop back for the house moving starts again in earnes (sorry I mean seeing mum for mother's day obviously ;) ). We will be doing no more than a hack around the block, as so far this week he has earned a 2/10 and a 6/10 for behaviour... yes she has started scoring him!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Good work DabDab, I'll be busy tomorrow afternoon :D

Regionals for Kira tomorrow... have ridden twice in the last 10 days so not terribly hopeful but we'll do our best ;)

Back to Summerhouse on Friday to write for the Ele freestyles.

Saturday Salty has a lesson with Olivia Towers and then in the evening I'm going to a test riding masterclass at AM dressage.

Sunday.. better go and see mum :eek:

Monday eve Charlotte Dujardin talk and book signing :)

Busy busy! Have fun all:)

JFTDWS

Visit site
I shall be mostly trying to find people who want to come and try polocrosse on the 17th in Harlow, so that we have sufficient uptake to run the session (which was postponed due to snow). I don't want to miss out on a training session, we only have one a month and it's a long enough time between them without snow spoiling my fun!

It's meant to rain all weekend too, and there's nothing fun happening, so I shall just be whining about the weather and getting wet riding at home too.

mairiwick

Visit site
Why is it not Friday yet?!

Long weekend for me, Friday pm heading out to local gallops. Saturday heading across to a saddle fitting clinic, then on Sunday going to view a pony for my daughter (haven't yet mentioned this to the other half...).

Have a good one everyone!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Lesson tomorrow morning, stewarding for local BD venue most of Saturday, and then off to the Principality Stadium in Cardiff on Sunday to watch Wales v Italy and hoping for a home win. Have fun and keep safe everyone! :) x

Last edited:

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Ester - do try to pretend you are more excited to see your mum :p love that she's scoring him now :D

Good luck MP (I have to admit, when the weekend plans thread popped into my head I did think 'ah well, MP won't be around to start it anyway')

Sorry about the weather JFTD - I would just threaten people into turning out next weekend. Desperate times and all that :p

Ooo, good luck with the pony viewing mair... And with explaining to the OH afterwards!

Sounds amazing niki. I love the principality stadium. I have tickets for next weekend against France because I think my dad is going to be too poorly still to go with my OH

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Is it Mothers Day this weekend? Ooops.

Weather and nerves permitting I think me and The Beast are going to do a little charity pleasure ride on Sunday.

monte1

Visit site
Fairly busy for us, Saturday at a Technical Jump Clinic which was postponed due to weather last week, looking forward to seeing how horse behaves and if we have improved from last time out jumping.
Sunday very early AM, will be dressage writing at Tweseldown BE then visting mum and MIL for Mothers Day.. oh and hopefully squeezing in a schooling session :)

Embo

Visit site
Not a lot for us, got a jump lesson on Sunday but that's all we have planned!

Have fun all :)

MP do let us know how the lesson with OT is, I'd love to have a lesson with her!

j1ffy

Visit site
Is it Mothers Day this weekend? Ooops.

Same here - I saw this and had to call my mum to apologise!!!

MP - good luck today! And most of all enjoy :D

As for us, I'm taking Indio to AM Dressage for their test riding course so I'll see you on Saturday evening MP! I'm looking forward to it, thought it's a bit of a mission as I'm borrowing a 4x4 from one friend and a trailer from my YO to get there. And no accommodation available on site so I'm in a local hotel!

I think Indio will be exhausted by Sunday evening as the weekend consists of a test run-through on Saturday morning, a lesson (with Matt) on Saturday afternoon plus a session watching the playback of your test, lesson (with Justine) on Sunday morning then final test run-through on Sunday afternoon. It should do me the world of good as I'm not great at test riding, I tend to focus too much on training the horse in the test instead of showing us off I think.

Wheels

Visit site
I have a WH clinic on saturday with a new instructor who I've wanted to try for ages. Not that I'm in to WH but it's a good and safe opportunity to try out lots of different natural fences before our ODE debut later in the spring. Although sat it is due to pish it down so not sure how enjoyable it will be lol change of clothes will be packed and ready to go.

Sat night out with the MIL for dinner

Sunday there is a charity ride I might go to but will decide on the day, will probably end up hacking out at home

Alibear

Visit site
Finally get to go and see my pony, she's been away at bootcamp for a couple of weeks and I couldn't got over and visit last weekend due to the snow.

ihatework

Visit site
A pretty non exciting weekend really, might just do some polework at home on Saturday as then going to the local point to point. Sunday will do a gallop (read gawky canter) session first thing then heading home to be a dutiful daughter on mother’s day

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Popping over the Twesledown tomorrow, Sat I am doing 1st Trek comp (glad its indoors as current forecast is pants! Sunday - will see what the weather brings :)

Good luck to those competing - and hope eveeryone has a good time doing various things :)

ester

Visit site
Ester - do try to pretend you are more excited to see your mum :p love that she's scoring him now :D

I don't think she minds ;) but will try and do better pretending :D and I'm the good daughter that's only a few hundred miles away rather than several thousand ;).

She already has a big box of cathy's chocs (forgotten hho name, pippipony?!) on the way as I wasn't planning on being back, I'm hopeful I might even get to try one this time - she has a thing for the salted caramels!

Reacher

Visit site
Well, parents are coming over to ours this weekend and we are all going to see a Churchill film. (I think it’s the Gary oldman one).
I have my usual lesson on Saturday.
We have been having difficulties with our dressage and last weekend I booked a flat work lesson with a new instructor, who is a BD instructor. It went really well, and I’m hoping to have another lesson possibly on Monday. I am a bog standard riding club rider but feel I could learn so much with this instructor- but have a bit of a dilemma as I can’t justify regular lessons with 2 instructors and don’t want to offend my normal RI.

Ps - has anyone else ever been on this situation? I could do with a kick up the bottom. I’m nearly 50 (aargh), horse is nearly 14 and my window of opportunity to improve my standard of riding is closing.

Last edited:

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Well, parents are coming over to ours this weekend and we are all going to see a Churchill film. (I think it’s the Gary oldman one).
I have my usual lesson on Saturday.
We have been having difficulties with our dressage and last weekend I booked a flat work lesson with a new instructor, who is a BD instructor. It went really well, and I’m hoping to have another lesson possibly on Monday. I am a bog standard riding club rider but feel I could learn so much with this instructor- but have a bit of a dilemma as I can’t justify regular lessons with 2 instructors and don’t want to offend my normal RI.

Ps - has anyone else ever been on this situation? I could do with a kick up the bottom. I’m nearly 50 (aargh), horse is nearly 14 and my window of opportunity to improve my standard of riding is closing.

I've not been in that situation cos I only have lessons with one person and am flat scared of getting lessons with anyone else in case they shout at me. :lol: (everyone thinks I'm mad cos my instructor is sometimes unreliable but I'm happy to wait for a lesson with them)...

But if you want lessons with someone else for a while get them if you feel they are helping and it's all gone a bit stale with your current instructor. Just say "I feel some fresh eyes will do us good for the moment, thank you for all your help and I hope we can work together in future. Of course it depends on how grumpy your current instructor is about such things! But if they aren't consistently helping you improve don't hold yourself back out of politeness.

milliepops

Visit site
What PF said :)
Don't let the opportunity pass you by... we never know what's round the corner so grab every chance with both hands!

Reacher

Visit site
Thanks PF and MP
I know you are right - and being told it by someone else helps me steel myself to have that conversation.
Now, can anyone lend me a pair of big girl’s pants?! :lol:

ester

Visit site
Any decent RI will not take it personally as they should know how these things work.

At my last yard while F was sound I had the chance to have some lessons with an FBHS, even though we weren't ever going to go out competing much again due to his advancing age it really re-enlightened my love for the flatwork and I learned masses even though I probably only had about 8 lessons total. I'm really pleased I took that opportunity while I had a functioning horse :)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Sounds amazing niki. I love the principality stadium. I have tickets for next weekend against France because I think my dad is going to be too poorly still to go with my OH

Thanks - I am really looking forward to it. I don't think you can beat watching Wales at home for atmosphere. Sorry to hear your Dad is poorly, but hope you enjoy next week - that's going to be quite a match!

Reacher - I agree with the others, definitely do what you want and don't be swayed by your personal loyalties. It's always worth having different sets of eyes on the ground - everyone sees different things and sometimes just a little change in training can make all the difference.

Just a couple of video stills from our lesson this morning. Really pleased with Cassie's attitude today considering she's not done a lot over the past 2 weeks due to the weather. She was a tad bouncy :eek: in the canter work, but her concentration levels are so much better these days and she produced some good stuff. She's definitely beginning to understand stretching out at the end of our sessions. :)

28951198_1042947642510929_943573891685188771_n.png

28870997_1042947752510918_1383162930510494614_n.png

milliepops

Visit site
Awww lovely Cassie pics <3

We survived regionals with the usual 64% mid table test... nothing much wrong with it, just not really top notch. Considering how little work she's done in the last week I can't complain at all even if we did get slightly mown down by CDJ in the warm up :p Onwards and upwards :D

Cute pic for added value
28951049_1870084019669766_5680729659306672128_n.jpg

{97702}

Visit site
Beautiful pics of Cassie :) She really is lovely :)

I am pretty gutted this weekend as I really wanted to do the Olivia Towers clinic, but can't afford it due to relationship breakdown/resulting financial disaster. That may well become a recurring theme I fear.... so I'm working on the yard on Saturday afternoon and going to see my mum on Sunday :) Money will be useful, I like working on the yard, and I still get to ride Jensen both days :D

Reacher

Visit site
Thanks Ester and Nikicb and PapaF and MillieP, your encouragement is appreciated. I was feeling guilty and worried about burning bridges - which hopefully won't happen.
Hopefully I'll soon be reporting back with progress reports!

blood_magik

Visit site
Had two really good lessons yesterday so our medium debut has now been set for two weeks time. :)

Fields have finally dried up enough to get the horses out so I gave riding a miss today and let them make the most of the dry weather. They haven’t been out in ages so was pleased to find we were only missing one shoe between them all when they came in.

Nothing special planned for this weekend. The physio is here tomorrow so plan is to work the three that are being seen early so they can go out afterwards.

I’ve got new boy Henry to ride for a bit as dad’s having a bit of a wobble with him - vet suspects he could have ulcers so I’ve got him on my work list until he gets scoped.

Good luck to everyone who’s out competing. :)

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I have an eventing clinic this weekend on my older horse, I'm so excited! He's been going so well so far this year so I'm looking forward to building on to that some more.

The young horse had a nice low key outing yesterday arvo, he was very well behaved and is starting to look quite grown up. I just have to get it out of my head he is NOT going to do anything stupid and actually ride him properly.

28783760_10214153599366773_7481771188685562844_n.jpg

I hope everyone has a good weekend!