Motocross riders

TrecPeter

www.alwena.com
I find it alarming the number of recent posts concerning ugly situations between riders and car drivers... I hope for you it's gets better in the UK and it's not a general trend.

To try and cheer you up, here's what generally happens in our area when we meet motorbike/motocross or quad riders out on our paths.

This Sunday - we're quitely riding down a hill path in the forest, when we hear the throbing sound of approaching motocross bikes speeding up the hill. When we come into eyesight of the first moto-rider he pulls over to the edge of ther path, stops and turns off his engine, and beckons to his friend to do the same.
We pass calmly and exchange greetings (bonjour, merci etc.) with the chaps, and when we are well past, they restart their engines and go on their way and purr into the distance behind us.

Their politeness is exemplar and never ceases to amaze me !!
There's hope for the human race yet
smile.gif

GTs

Visit site
See you guys eat horses, most motorcyclists in England would do the same for a cow - it is common knowledge stress makes the meat chewy!

GTs

Visit site
I was just giving you a hard mate - saw a joke, it looked, so I took it!!!

I think our pets in the US consume more horse then any human in any nation.

TrecPeter

www.alwena.com
No problem GTs - probably the same for dog meat anywhere I guess...
smile.gif

I was serious about how polite the motocross & quad bike riders are in our region though - thank you chaps & long may it continue!

GTs

Visit site
Out here in America people are very good - I wonder which came first though 'chicken' or the 'egg'.

Pete - I personally have no problem with horses being eaten. It works really well to scare your horse straight!

ginniebee

Visit site
A couple of months ago daughter and i were riding along a very narrow and overgrown bridle path when we met two lads on motorbikes going in the opposite direction, my first thought was oh s**t! what are these thugs going to do? They were lovely, they turned off and got off their bikes and got right into the hedge so that we could get pass, I was utterly amazed, they were so polite.

Needless to say I felt really guilty for my first thoughts, thanked them very much,

SSM

Visit site
But that is the French for you, what ever we may say about them their manners on meeting are faultless - at Nimes Airport the other day I watched the police/customs team start work - all the women kissed the men - in this country that would be construed as sexual harassment instead of a polite start to the day!

I am sure no self respecting Brit would eat horse meat
smirk.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
I must admit I have always found motocyclists to be brillant when it comes to horses, even the moped version of boy racers. Perhaps they see an affinity - take the line from a Bon Jovi song "on a steel horse I ride" (please dont make any assumptions about my taste in music though
grin.gif
)

dwi

Visit site
I've met several at my current yard who have all been civil but I was once chased at my last yard. Every time I turned away from them they came and found me in a different part of the woods, it finally ended up with them driving round me in circles revving their engines.

I think that adults are generally fine but teenagers should not be allowed to ride these bikes unless under adult supervision. As a teacher I know lots of boys with bikes and none of them are responsible enough to have such a dangerous piece of machinery. The stories they tell me horrify me, one broke his leg and was off for months. If they aren't old enough to ride on the roads then I don't think they should have them at all.

Sorry for the rant but following from being chased they now petrify me.