Mountain Horse BodyGuard Jacket

Sal_E

Visit site
I've got one but I rarely wear it - when I do wear it, it's usually with the pads out which defeats the object somewhat! It's a nice coat & with the pads in is certainly more comforatable than a body protector, but less comforatable than a normal coat just because it's a bit heavy.

I would NOT recommend it as a REPLACEMENT body pro though, eg for XC or whatever (wouldn't be allowed competitively) - but, if you're the sort of person who hacks & knows you should wear a body pro but don't, then it's probably a good buy. When I first got my mare she really used to worry me in the school for the first few weeks (bucking & spinning & stuff), so I'd wear by body pro, this coat & use a neck strap - christ knows what I looked like, but it made me feel safer, LOL! (of course, if I DID fall off, I'm not sure if I would have been able to get up unaided..!)

Bex7

Visit site
Thanks Sal_E

I was looking to get a new waterproof coat for hacking in this winter and as I HATE body protectors I thought it might be a good alternative. (just for hacking)
However I hate being restircted and if I get too hot I can go a bit la la (seriously la la) so I cannot wear anything to confining.

They are quite expensive so I thought I would get some opinions before splashing out.

x