Mountain Horse Sportive High Riders

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
As it's my Birthday on Fri
grin.gif
Other half has agreed to buy me some new boots! I have vague plans to do a bit with Murphy over the winter - very low level stuff, odd show, maybe a bit of dragging, etc etc but really not very competitive! Don't want to spend a fortune as obviously won't be used much so what does everyone recommend? I like the Sportive High Rider but don't know anyone who's got them. I also have wide calves (but not huge!!). Any ideas gratefully appreciated!

susan_w

Visit site
Have a look on www.crimson-flame.com - they've got these boots on there, and you'll be able to get some idea of sizing etc. My friend swears by them, but my daughter found they were a bit chunky for her feet, and didn't get on with them. Personal preference I suppose.

Heidi1

Visit site
I have a pair and love them, use then for Showing, Jumping and Hunting. You should be able to get them in different widths...... And very well priced.......

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Sportive high riders are lovely - very comfy and fab to ride in - I've got wide legs too and they fit fine (they do a wide version)
smile.gif

Lucky you!
smile.gif

Kate x

Aleka81

Visit site
Sorry to say this but I hate mine. They just feel uncomfortable. I have gone back to traditional long leather boots. Having said that a girl at my yard loves them. She says that she wouldn't be without them. I guess you just need to try some and see what you think.

the watcher

Visit site
The rim frost riders come up wider than the normal High Riders, even in a wide fitting so you do need to try them on first to be sure that they will fit. I have footballer's calves and they are too narrow for me, even in wide.
I think they would be smart enough for classes at lower levels.

katelarge

Visit site
Mine are great and have lasted well, but they are not comfortable to walk in around in for long! They rub the backs of my heels! So I wear Ariats for everyday (they are SOOOO comfy) and keep the Sportives for looking smart, and shows (unaff).

Lopod

Visit site
I have these and love them. I wear the MH high riders for everyday (they have lasted years and even had new zips put in eventually) . I keep the Sportif ones for shows and think they look very smart.

Nic

Visit site
I think it has to do with the chunky sole. Doesn't apply to the High calibre though (I have asked for a pair of those for my 21st)
grin.gif

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
I've only just found out about the High Calibre ones - They do look a lighter type. Have you ever tried the sole thing that Mountain Horse seems to be devekoping with them? I'm not sure, I like to be able to move my foot easily! I think I might look a bit more closely at them. Thanks Nic01

Nic

Visit site
I haven't ridden in them but tried them on at Floors & put my foot in a tread. Very comfortable & safe as it stops your foot slipping forward but it can still come out easily in the event of a fall.