Moving back to the UK....from Spain..

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
After 12 years in Spain its time to come back to the UK, the trailer has returned already with all my horse stuff, (how much stuff! including a set of poly jumps) all my belongings have gone bar a few things to going in the car..

The horses paperwork was finally sorted today and signed off, and they are collected Thursday, my 2 mares that I brought over from the UK all that time ago now 16 and 18 years old, and Harley (a stallion until 3 months ago) that was born here 10 years ago (from one of the mares) Im sure they will be pleased to see grass again :D

And Ive seen a whole different way of keeping them here, and for the better

Dogs and the cat get the final check tomorrow, and then we leave with them in the car with us..

Its been a great 12 years, but I am looking froward to the Appaloosa shows, the grass, riding out with my daughter again (as shes in the UK) and at the moment the cooler weather (over 40'c today) ... but give me a week and I will be complaining how cold it is

So if anyone is thinking of moving to Spain with or without horses Im happy to help..

see you across the pond on Saturday :D

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
Like what? I'm really interested to know.

More how I kept them, I went from stabling them half the day in the UK to them living out 24/7, including Harley when he was still a stallion, I went barefoot something I said one of my mares would never cope with, I relaxed more with them, not worrying so much if one got a cut or was a bit lame, I used less and less gadgets, feeding without lots and lots of additives and supplements, but all this is because I have them at home, no peer pressure you can get on some yards, no feeling of having to buy every new gadget out, and just being much more relaxed about them. I dont think its better for them here on some yards as they do tend to stable them a lot, most places have no turnout.

And its lovely to see the sun on their backs, this week has been over 40'c and the horses cope just fine ( they will think its cold on Saturday when they arrive) though winter where I am can be very cold with snow and frost

so in general Ive had a much more relaxed outlook with them, and hope to continue doing so in the UK