Moving & musings

ArabianGem78

Visit site
Just thinking out loud - no need to reply, unless you can provide some useful perspective I've not considered.

Why is finding somewhere to live that ticks all the boxes so blimming hard!

I live in Ottery St Mary, work in Exeter and have my mare on DIY livery on a fantastic yard with 24/7 turnout for all but the worst of the weather, with miles and miles of off-road common riding, which for our endurance training is perfect. 20 min drive to work, 15 to the yard. Sounds ideal, right?

Now enter the boyfriend ;-)

We've decided to take the leap and move in together, but finding a location which works once all 3 parties' needs are taken into account is nigh on impossible.

He doesn't have a car (he's a mad keen cyclist) so Ottery won't work as it's too far to cycle to his place of work each day! and public transport is rubbish. Ditto many of the other towns/villages within a 10 mile radius. Moving into Exeter would be great for me with respect to work and a social life! But all the livery yards within a 10 min drive of are either full, have limited hacking, limited turnout or are prohibitively expensive. I can cope with the limited hacking (I have a trailer so boxing out regularly could become part of the routine) but the lack of turnout is a big no-no for me. The drive from the middle of Exeter to my current yard is 30 mins so I really don't fancy doing that twice a day, not to mention the added expense.

Argh! What solution am I missing?

Shazzababs

Visit site
Is there someone on your current yard who you could pay to turn out for you in the mornings so that you only have to go once a day?

Maybe you could bring theirs in in the evening, or do them at the weekend instead of paying them.