Moving on from horses and babies...........

welshies

Visit site
How do you cope finacially? we have just bought our first house, we both work full time and we are coping ok, i'm lucky OH pays all the bills and i buy the food and little bits and the rest goes on my 3 nags and diesel really! I'd really like to start a family (i'm 29 he's 34 so feel times ticking on) but just don't know how we would do it, even the first bit on maturnity leave, never mind the back to work child care cost! Although OH is supportive and understand my love for the horses he isn't horsey AT ALL so i kind of fell guilty, like i couldn't ask for any more. I have 3 at the moment but 1 for sale, couldn't part with the others. Already do it all myself too so no finacial saving there. just interested, thanks

maree t

Visit site
Struggle !!
I had equines long before OH and he has learnt over the years to accept it (23 years !)
I went part time with first and then stopped work when we had 2nd. I didnt want mine to go to child care so we struggled for a few years until they started pre-school then started working when they were there and increased as their time at school increased so that we could make it easier.
We now have 5 ponies which the kids compete with and I still work round their school hours to help pay the costs . We moved to a place with land so that we could keep costs down and accept the shack we have to live in as part of the deal. wouldnt change it though, they are growing up so quick its scary youngest is a teenager in a couple of weeks.

nikCscott

Visit site
My Dad always say "you can never afford children- but you always do" it doesn't make sense, but sort of does too :rolleyes:

You buy far less crap when you have children, we used to buy £60 DVD box sets, cinema a few times a month, not to mention the smoking pre children.

We decided for me not to go back to work as when worked out the £££'s after childcare (2 under 2 so higher fees), petrol, work clothes lunches etc i was working full time for about £200 a month so made the decision to spend less and look after the girls myself. And TBH we didn't really notice as we weren't going out as much etc.
Go for it!