moving on...

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
i have had my 14.2hh gelding for about a year now, and he has given me so much love and confidence. he has got me into all PC teams and has been the friendliest, most loving pony i have ever had. however, he isnt quite up to what i want to do next year. not only am i growing out of him and want to move up onto a horse (as i only have untill december on ponies BSJA anyway), but he doesnt have the impulsion and scope to go where i want to go.

its a heartbreaking decision and i dont know what to do. we have discussed it and decided it would be best to sell him to a little girl who needs a confidence giving pony to have fun on like i have, but i have never had such an amazing little pony and will be heatbroken to see him go.

what would you do in my situation? stick with him for another year and carry on doing little classes, or sell him and move on?

Haflinger

Visit site
Sophi, I would sell him and move on. It must be really difficult for you but as you say, he could give another person the same enjoyment you had with him
smile.gif

vic07

Visit site
someone else will love him just as much and you can know you did the best for him by not pushing him and finding him a new friend. Good luck. It is always heartbreaking making this decision.

showjump

Visit site
Hi,

I have been here myself. However my pony was scopey and just what i wanted but i was out of ponies. I kept him for two years after i was out of ponies and used him for fun, then realised he should be doing what he loved best competing and winning! I found he a fantastic home, he is with the families other 4 ponies and the two daughters adore him. We go up and see him and get updates on how he is , although it broke my heart, i know he is better off now. I dont look at it that i sold him i just pretend he's loaned! We also agreed that if they sold him we would have the first refusal of having him back.

Its hard but its best for your pony.

monica123

Visit site
i know you know what i think, but i think sell him,....he has given you all he has got, and now it is time to move on...it will be very sad! and i wish i was still looking to buy him!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Sophi, I have been there and I sold. I miss my pony Ella like mad (helps I'm in contact with the girl who brought her) but in my heart I know I did the right thing. If I hadn't sold Ella I wouldn't have been able to afford Otto. At the end of the day it has to be your decision and only you can make it!

MillionDollar

Visit site
Oh thats a really hard one, i can't really say much as i kept both of my first 2 ponies, who i now drive and are in-foal. However, if i was in your situation i would sell him. I know you want the best home possible but the money from him can go towards a really good horse. Ponies like yours are highly sought after!
Can i ask what u'd like to do with a horse, competition wise??

Claireg9

Visit site
if it was me id probably keep him forever!!!
but im soft. what you should do is move on!! Its sad i im rubbish at it but thats what you should do!!
xx