Moving Pony clubs , how easy is it going to be ?

maree t

Visit site
We have become increasingly unhappy with our current pony club and have decided to move . i know this can sometimes be very difficult and we realise they wont be able to compete at area level for a year which we will have to accept . Not sure wether I should approach the other club first and see if they would take us and then what ? do I have to inform our current DC in writing ?
thanks

Lolo

Visit site
We moved branches, although I think it was slightly inevitable as my mum and the DC had a blow up over camp- they put it so only private school children could have attended and when mum queried it told her there was only me, my sister and my best friend who weren't able to attend and therefore it wasn't a problem... So mum phoned the DC of the neighbouring branch, asked lots of questions. Then the next day phoned our old DC, said we were moving and she needed to sort it, and hey presto, it was sorted :D

Quite a few others have made the same switch we did, and it's only been problematic for one girl who was competing at PC Open level successfully so they really didn't want to let her go. But once the area rep was involved it was sorted.

maree t

Visit site
Right might ring the other club and have a chat then. I know that a few people that moved to us have had loads of trouble with the club refusing to release them. I think that we might have trouble as we usually do so much helping wise and kids comoete in all disciplines. I will want to take our situation further aswell as some (not just mine ) are being treated very unfairly.
Sounds like your first one was horrible, cant believe that attitude !!

Lolo

Visit site
If they get tricky, involve the area rep asap and dig your heels in. I love the PC but people can be tricky.

CrazyCobLady

Visit site
You shouldn't have an issue with moving. If the PC you're part of isn't up to your standard then leave. PC should be fun, not a hassle.

maree t

Visit site
There really is just one fly in the ointment (or one family !!), it has all blown up today so I shall wait until the dust settles and see if some fairness can be restored or we will just move to the neighbouring one .

CrazyCobLady

Visit site
There really is just one fly in the ointment (or one family !!), it has all blown up today so I shall wait until the dust settles and see if some fairness can be restored or we will just move to the neighbouring one .

If it's over one family, i'd stay. Unless they're making your life hell.