Moving Stables

WallisM

Visit site
Hi there,
laugh.gif

Well I thought I would shere with you's that I'm moving my 2 lads next Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it
laugh.gif
At the moment I rent a small field two stables and a tack room, I am the only one on the field. I am moving to a yard which is not too far from where I live. The facilities are so much better, Peart arena, 17 1/2 acres, I won't need to muck fields out like I had to at my old place
grin.gif
( it's harrowed), People which can help if I am ill, Safe place to store my trailer, Starvation paddock for my old boy, Also there are only 2 other liveries and the owner.

The only thing I am slightley worried about
confused.gif
is how to introduce my 2 with the other 8 neddies, I am concerned incase my lad decides he's gonna be the boss and starts to bully the other ones
mad.gif
, He isn't a nasty horse and has been in with mares and geldings before and was fine so really I shouldn't be worried about this, It's just one girl had to move her gelding as it started to bully the others, The livery owner won't put up with difficult horses etc.
I really hope it works out.
How long should I give my 2 to settle in ?

Hope I haven't bored you !
Thanks
Wallis
x
wink.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Oh, that all sounds great doesn't it?

Take your time over the introductions, and prefereably one horse at a time.

I doubt your boy will try and dominate the others - as he's going in to an established group.

They usually take a couple of days to settle.

Good luck.

WallisM

Visit site
HAHAHA
laugh.gif

Yeah it is a great place and the owner is a real nice person, That's why I want it all to work out.

I think I am gonna have to mention to the geldings to watch my big lad as I think he has a fancy for the boys rather than the girlies.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

What the yard owner suggested was to put them in the field where there is a fence down the middle and they can get to know each other like that for a few days then let them out all together.
grin.gif

I must say whem my lads have been out with other neddies it's been my 2 that have come in with cuts and swollen tendons ?!
frown.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What the yard owner suggested was to put them in the field where there is a fence down the middle and they can get to know each other like that for a few days then let them out all together

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that's what we do, and it usually works out ok.

vicster

Visit site
Sounds a really nice place - you have to just take things slowly and see how it goes really and then take it from there - good luck with the move though
smile.gif

SarahNZ

Visit site
Ditto putting them both in a field next door to the others. That way introductions can be done, and space is available if needed. This way hierachy can still be established. I'd give it at least three days separate, but next door.

The Original Kao

Visit site
i had to put my boy out today with 2 pony mares tonight as his field mate has gone on box rest. poor jerry looks lost in with these 2 very grumpy, bossy little mares. he's the biggest in the field but he looks hen pecked already
if possible could u not keep ure horses in a field next to the main group so they can get aquainted from a distance? then put the group leader and the main horse ure worried about in together. or split the group in 2, ure horses in with 1 group, leave it like that for a few days then put them as 1 large group.