moving to and keeping horses in france or spain

lamehorse

Visit site
following on from the "best area " thread , i saw 2 posters voting for france . im sick of the weather, and many other things , and if i won the lottery would love to go somewhere else , but how easy is it ? can i hear from you brave people that have done it without loads of money ? and is it better ??

Enfys

Visit site
There are lots of members in Spain and France, you will probably get lots of opinions if you ask in the 'Overseas' forum. :)

The thing that stopped us moving wasn't the weather it was the language barrier. We went a bit further, our weather is ummmmm, varied ...see my thread in 'Gallery' ;)

JCWHITE

Visit site
Well even in the south west of France right now we have standing water on hay fields, water running down to the river so fast,deep mud in horse walks, only seen it this bad once before in seven years. Summer 2012 was an official drought.
Last Thursday there was hell of a storm, fence posts broken, trees down.
However, when spring comes it will be quick and the ground soon baked hard.
Have to admit hiring an indoor to ride in yesterday.Need to get going as events are running, albeit on surfaces.
Wont moan too much as folks in uk are having a torrid time.
After rain this morning the sun is now out, and time to dry rugs and horse boxes !
There is a part of this forum for overseas now, have a look in there.