Moving yard on Thursday - again

4whitesocks

Visit site
Well we're on the move again - leaving work early tomorrow so I can clear my stuff out before I phone them to tell them we're moving, just in case of any dramas - I had held off on paying this months livery so will leave an envelope to cover the week - that may sound pretty cheeky to you yard owners but with no haylage for two days and finding him without water etc etc I'm not taking any chances as to how they are going to react....

...have transport arranged to new yard on thursday and while there's no way I can take the day off I should be able to get out of work early enough to spend some time and help him settle in to his new home...

It's heart breaking to have to do this to him again this will be the third place he has been 'settled into' in 5 weeks but circumstances and me being a gullible fool have left me with no choice....I'd rather he was grumpy and unsettled for a few weeks than develop horrible habits like box walking or start grinding his teeth due to a gastric problem because of lack of roughage...

New yard has been recommended by several people - and spent a good two hours there yesterday grilling the YO and looking at the horses and other liveries using the facilities...

fingers crossed

pixie

Visit site
Yay! I'm so glad to hear that you're leaving!
laugh.gif
I'm sure your horse will be much happier in a yard where he'll actually be fed and watered, grrrrr @ "full livery"

icestationzebra

Visit site
Good news. He will settle in. When you think of how many horses travel every week and stay over in temporary stabling and then go out and perform at top level goes to show how resilent and adaptable they are - with proper management I hasten to add. Believe me, regular exercise and plenty of hay and water will make your horse happier in the long run.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
If the yard is good then he'll settle in in no time at all....in anycase anywhere has got to be better than where he is at the moment with those idiots. Good Luck & I hope it all goes smoothly without any drama.

Pidge

Visit site
So glad you've managed to find a new place so quickly, good luck I hope it works out for you and your horse
grin.gif

Happytohack

Visit site
So pleased you have found somewhere else so quickly. Bet your boy will settle in really quickly in his new home with "luxuries" such as haylage/hay and water! Good luck.

4whitesocks

Visit site
Thanks folks, really appreciate all the support after what was essentially my own blunder....broke it to the yard this morning and to be honest I don't think they were particulalry surprised....am going to ride tonight with another livery, he'll be moved around lunchtime (it's only about a 45 minute trip with a trailer) and I should be able to get down to him by 6.30 tomorrow evening...
would you leave him for a few days then ride or would you take him into the sand arena tomorrow evening and ride or at least lunge?....I know I saw a thread about this somewhere on here but can't remember - my gut is actually to get on with it and, with supervision, just do ten or fifteen minutes in the arena so that it's not a big deal in his or my head and his 'constant' is me riding/lunging him both nights....otherwise I can ride on Sat....maybe have a little play around the xcountry course....wooo hooooo!!!
God fingers crossed this is the one!

Niamhy

photobucket.com
Glad you got sorted!

Id say get up and have a little play, my reason being, when you go to a show you just arrive and then ride, so it would do him good to get some practice for that in. I presume you guys have an autumn league or something around your region in the RC?

New place sounds lovely!

colmio

Visit site
Can I just say congratulations on being proactive and finding a solution to your worries so quickly. It must have been very distressing to realize your horse, and others, were not being adequately provided with the necessities. I commend your quick action in finding more suitable stabling and care. I am sure your horse will settle into a new and more caring stable very soon- they love their routine! At least he is going to have a good routine now.

4whitesocks

Visit site
Thanks...though to be honest it was totally my own fault for taking him there in the first place and not doing enough research....

Think I will have a play on him tomorrow night Niamh, he was good as gold for me tonight the little star (and I jumped 95 on him on Sunday which I didn't realise until after I'd done it!!)