Moving yards on Saturday!

PolarSkye

Visit site
Viewed yard yesterday - chatted to owner - discovered that I actually know five existing liveries - love yard, love atmosphere - paid deposit/signed contract today - moving the boy on Saturday! Yippeeeeeeeeeee.

Great hacking (straight onto Forestry land), large sand/rubber school (with lights and a nice little viewing gallery), plenty of mud-free turnout, straw grown and cut on-site, gallops (with hills), yard very secure (set back from the road, multiple combination locked gates and individually locked tack lockers). There are downsides (as there are to every yard) . . . grazing isn't great but we can put hay in the fields, we do need to poo pick (but I don't actually mind that) and there's limited assistance (but I don't need ANY at the moment).

I'm very excited to start taking care of my boy again . . . full livery as an experiment just didn't work for us (not to mention the cost). Also very excited to start bringing him back into work.

Believe it or not mucking out is a great antidote to depression . . .

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
Congrats on finding somewhere so quickly - and where you know people too - bonus :cool:

Hope it all works out :)

You're right - very amazing to find a yard so quickly. One of my friends (a livery there) told me they had a space and put in a good word to the owner . . . it also helped that there are four other liveries who know Kali and me and can vouch for both of us.

Lots of nice, non-nutty people (and horses) to hack with . . . and one of the liveries is an excellent teacher so we'll be using her services :)

Can you tell I'm excited?

P