Moving yards

Samboo

New User
Visit site
Currently loaning a mare I ride the owners fine on communication etc I always run everything by them. My question is how do I go about asking if I'm able to move the horse to a proper yard over winter?
this is because we don't have an arena etc and it's going to be impossible to be able to ride in the field in winter and I'd hate to not be able to ride over winter as she's come in so well I can afford livery etc I'm just a bit unsure how to ask if I'm able to move her yards so we can continue working through winter as would be a massive shame to see her have 6 months of to wait for winter to be over

muddybay

Visit site
Would you be able to pay the extra livery for the new yard? Maybe if you offer that the owner might be more inclined to agree

Samboo

New User
Visit site
Im happy to pay the livery on the new yard I'm just a bit unsure on how to ask about moving yards is what I was meant to say in my post sorry I'm not great at explaining things at times

muddybay

Visit site
Im happy to pay the livery on the new yard I'm just a bit unsure on how to ask about moving yards is what I was meant to say in my post sorry I'm not great at explaining things at times
Maybe say I've been really enjoying riding your horse and to improve further I really feel like in the winter moving to a new yard would help both of us obviously it would be near by etc

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Have you got a specific yard in mind OP? It might help to have all the information about the new place to hand, and show you've thought about how it will suit the horse (not just the arena facilities but other things like turnout arrangements etc, distance from the owner if they are not going to want the horse moved too far from them). That might help your discussion with them. I suppose the worst they could say is no they want her to stay where she is and then you'd have to think how else to manage over winter. Do you know what they would usually do with her?

Winters100

Visit site
I would suggest to just find your preferred yard, check that the yard will suit the horse and has adequate turnout etc, then just ask. If you have a good relationship they are unlikely to be offended. Good luck!