MRI scan experiences

emfen1305

Visit site
Hi all, I took my cob in for a lameness work up today after not being happy with him after a couple of trot ups. My assumption was that it was hind limb problems (because thats where all my experience is in!) and he is a heavy cob so assumed arthritis or similar but it was obvious today it is definitely issues in front and would explain a few things that have been happening over the last couple of months.

He blocked positive to both feet (one in the foot and one in the coffin joint) so had xrays with shoes on and off and good news nothing sinister in the pedal or navicular bones but there were some extra bits (she had a special name) near the coffin joint and potentially a spur on the pastern so he's having an MRI tomorrow on both front feet and the pastern on his right fore. Has anyone had experience of something similar? Vet said it was low grade and have probably taken him in quite early on but we could see a marked difference on the lunge after the blocks, he actually had a good length of stride which I always assumed was a hind end problem.

Anyway, it seems like it could be a whole host of things and I have never dealt with anything in the front feet before so any similar experiences much appreciated! :)