muck boot Esk or Tay

welshies

Visit site
Hi, as the title, have been looking to replace my derwent, 3rd pair as sole wear down really quick. I've wasn't going to get anymore due to this reason but looking at the equivalent think i will, but not sure if should go for Esk or the Tay, doed anyone have them? Esk is heavy duty version of derwent and Tay has a grippy sole for mud but apparenty not good for anything other than mood, any experiences??

thanks

nirikina

Visit site
I can recommend Mudrucker Tall Riding boots. Mine are great in deep muddy fields, for mucking out, comfortable for riding, and I even wear them for gardening. We had a couple of days of snow/ice and they were ok.

domane

Visit site
Hi, as the title, have been looking to replace my derwent, 3rd pair as sole wear down really quick.
Gosh, I've noticed this too.... I'm so disappointed as they were brilliant last winter (new) but this year I'm slipping and sliding all over the place in the mud :(

The sole of the Esk looks the best to me, but the rubber comes a lot further up your leg and I need to fold them down to be able to get them off my "ample" calves :eek: Difficult decision.....

Last edited:

welshies

Visit site
Gosh, I've noticed this too.... I'm so disappointed as they were brilliant last winter (new) but this year I'm slipping and sliding all over the place in the mud :(

The sole of the Esk looks the best to me, but the rubber comes a lot further up your leg and I need to fold them down to be able to get them off my "ample" calves :eek: Difficult decision.....

Rubbish isn't it! last pair lasted me about 4 months, and everyone says the same but i can't really see an alternative for the money and when they are good they are good!

Avon is the bigger version of the Derwent and just as bad, Mudrucker look to have the same sole as the Muck boot Tack so deff no no for me.

Like the look of the Tay for the weather as it is at the mo but then they say that they are only good for mud and on wet concrete/ice they are leathal, i need the best of both so prob be the Esk. Didn't think of not being able to roll them down as far but they do have a new linign apparently that stops you getting too hot?!? And then theres the Nevis sport, same as the Esk but with extra fleece lining.

oh what to do!!

toruble is you see i also nee replace my leather ones, so can't spend a fortune on one or the other! Looking at mark todd coutry boot.