Muck heap emptying - new rules

Farmboy4220

New User
Visit site
Apparently from next spring farmers can't spread horse muck on fields so no one is going to be willing to empty muck heaps anymore. Something to do with preventing contamination of water sources? These are new Environmental Protection rules. Anyone know anymore about this and what to do with the muck instead?
To everyone on here . Work for the biggest slurry contractor in the uk. The new rules will not affect the removal of muck heaps the new rules in basics means muck and slurry of any kind unless granted by ea deployments etc thats more for factory waste etc. Means muck and slurry can only be applied to grass or growing rape or stubble thats becoming rape. In the spring we can apply muck and slurry to the crops we could do this spring. Farmers can still stock pile it in the fields.

Fanatical

Visit site
Does anyone know any more about these new rules?

The farmer who has taken my muck away for many years has just said he can no longer do so. I feel he is fobbing me off with the reason he has given me and wonder if it's to do with these alleged new rules. Could do with knowing where we stand as I am going to be in a pickle going forwards to say the least, if I can't get it removed.

Orangehorse

Visit site
In the current week's Farmers Weekly the Environment Agency is in talks with farming organisations about the manure spreading in autumn subject. There was a massive, massive outcry about the proposed new rules.

For those with yards, maybe an email to the EA, to bring the matter to their attention.

tda

Visit site
I might be wrong as I just flicked thru the document, but the part I remembered was basically saying that whereas before muck was spread every year regardless, now there has to be good reason to spread, I.e. soil testing on fields, compared to crop requirements and then evidence was there that the field needed the extra .
That and also quite a bit abit about run off