Mud fever

dingydo

New User
Visit site
Hi whats a good home remedy for mud fever? I know of sudocrem but what about aqueous cream or doublebase gel? Would these do any good?

Faithkat

Visit site
Manuka honey :)
I had a horse on which I tried everything. I started with Hibiscrub and Sudocrem . . . . that didn't do anything except spread it and make it worse. I then went to the vet who sold me (expensive) Flamazine cream . . . . not much use either so we then tried steroid cream which made her leg swell and turned the skin a livid shocking pink and she was hopping about like a herring on a griddle. Having spent a fortune with the vet, I decided to try manuka honey on the basis that if it don't do any good, it wouldn't do any harm. Put the first dollop on a dressing and gamgee and vet-wrapped it; left it for four days. When I cut off the bandage after the four days, she never moved so the leg obviously wasn't sore any more - PROGRESS!!!!! The skin was normal colour . . . . put another dollop on a dressing and repeated the bandaging. This time I left it on for a week. When I removed it all at the end of the week, the hair was starting to grow back :) Since then she has never had mud fever again