Mule ban

BBP

Visit site
Just to be really clear, it is not the trec organisers who don’t want mules there, honey has been to all the competitions so far and no-one has a problem with her coming. (Even BBP who is a notorious dipstick loves Honey). The venue did not make this clear to the organisers of the trec when they booked the venue, they have only said it now, weeks before the competition, so too late for organisers to switch venues. As far as I am aware the venue will not be used again if it does not permit all those who wish to compete to do so.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have a feeling stencilface's mule is a shetland? he's very small so definitely had taking over the world plans regardless. Probably the only saving grace is that his partner in crime is a welsh, and well we know all about them :p daft tits.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Alas he's not my mule anymore, rehomed through WHW to a marvellous home where he's the buddy for a miniature donkey called dougie. I think he's much happier now and our lives are much easier now we only have horse geldings to deal with. Thickies that they are :D

I'll get to visit him in spring (along with their llamas, pigs, rheas, barn owls and a magnificent wolfhound.

My ex mule was 11h

Rollin

Visit site
Excuse me for being thick here but apart from the noise (maybe) what is the difference (for a horse) between a mule and a horse with long/big ears? ����

My thought too. Decisions like this will put the fear of God into Cleveland Bay owners.

hairycob

Visit site
GBP is right. Everyone who knows Honey through TREC is horrified. I've met her at 3 different venues 2 large livery yards and an equine college. I can't recall any residents having a problem. Only my own bonkers black pony and I took him to be properly introduced.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Who could resist this?

Rufus%20Mule%20-%20July%202015_zpsshshxkxr.jpg

Amye

Visit site
My local rescue has a Shetland mule called Muffin! Very cute but a serious character, so no surprises there :D

I think your local rescue is the same as my local rescue! Muffin is ace - such a character.

Back on topic, think it's ridiculous to ban Honey from the venue. If a mule came onto our yard and my horse went a bit bonkers he'd just have to get over himself and deal! It's only there for the duration of the competition, and if you're not competing then how much would your livery horse be mixing with the competitors horses? We have clinics at our yard, not the same as a comp I know, but there are still strange horses on the yard but we very rarely see them or mix with them as they are on the box and then off in the school.

Laika

Visit site
We have two donkeys at our yard, my horse is a huge wimp and he's absolutely fine with them both. Brays and all!!!