Mushrooms!!

Caritas

Visit site
Who has mushrooms growing in there paddocks right now. Ive never really thought about it until today, are they dangerous??

frannieuk

Visit site
I do! I posted about them a while back, and did a little more research as to what type they are - mine are field mushrooms and I have been eating them for breakfast for the past week or so
smile.gif

Frazer

Visit site
I found some yesterday when I brought them in, same as you i never had this problem before! At the moment I am just taking them out as I see them! Just to be on thr safe side, not sure if they are dangerous. But im moving in a week, so haven't really looked into it that much.

Caritas

Visit site
Ugh, I wouldnt chance it. Mine literally look like a mushroom you would but from the supermarket but no way!!

severnmiles

Visit site
The mushrooms are perfectly edible, taste much better than shop bought and much better for you too...no chemicals!

Happy picking
smile.gif

Caritas

Visit site
Much better for you, umm....................................are you sure your horse hasnt weeeeeeee'd on them??????

Irishcobs

Visit site
I do, Gypsy loves them. At work we have hundreds growing everyday and we all take them home to eat. No ones died yet.

Horseymum

Visit site
We have them too and ours are field mushrooms. We have not had them ever before but apparently it is a very good year for mushrooms "in the wild"! I didn't know if they would upset the horses so have been chucking them in the barrow when poo-picking.

MillionDollar

Visit site
We have hundreds of field mushrooms growing at the moment, and they are delicious!!! As long as you can peel them (the top layer) easily then they are fine to eat!!! YUMMY! They taste sooooo much nicer than supermarket ones.
grin.gif