MUSLCE GAIN

Frazer

Visit site
My 9 year old tb mare has been in work just over a year due to jumping injury. She is fit and can do hours of hacking, jumping etc.. However her muscle is lacking and her conformation is suffering because of this. Does anyone know of any good exercises or lunging routines to help her. Or is it just hours after hours of lunging and schooling! She is getting enough fodo allthough isn't up to weight at this time (grass very poor). Does anyone know of any supplements for weight gain and muscle gain please help>

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
hill work is how we are planning to build Eddie's muscles up in the winter. as well as lots of hunting
tongue.gif
would love to know any other muscle building techniques though! he's getting a bit...chubby..!

RachelB

Visit site
My un-muscly horse gets fed Baileys Top Line and does as much hill work as I can stand, plus one lunge per week and at least one schooling session a week, which is all making her use the muscles she needs to build up, but using them gently at first.
There's no easy way to build muscle, and no feeding regime can do it on its own - what is needed is a lot of time and a lot of hills IMO!