My 1st Intermediate of the season - Sommerly

MillbrookSong

heartbuster.blogspot.com
Well today actually went to plan!!

Left the yard at 5.50 and finally arived at 9.10!! OMG what a long drive even when you are asleep!!

Walked the XC and it was exactally like Jancis had told me - Big, bold and straightforward!! There were a few fences that i though
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
about but thought that they would ride better than they looked!!

He warmed up ok for the dressage, maybe a little flat but went in and did an OK test apart from my super blonde moments about forgetting my test twice!! opps

And then the SJ - had a lesson on sat and was realy working on getting him back on his hocks and it worked!! Made sure he was really back and in to my hands. He was flying the warm up fences so i was actually looking forward to jumping!! And wow he was good (well compared to last week!!) he had the 2nd fence down - must have been one of the smallest on the course and then had a spotty upright down as he just went "oh spots"!!! But flew the rest with me just having to think about keeping my body upright - obviously worked flew the planks & the treble - eveything we have had probs with in the past!!

So beaming form SJ got ready for XC and went to warm up and agian this time he was lovely again!! Maybe pulled a little more than last time but not as much as usuall!!

Went calmly out the box over 1,2,3,4 then a combo at 5 (skinni, step, skinni) then 6 corner at 7, then 8, angled roll tops at 9, owl hole at 10 ( a few ****'s came out my mouth over this), pointy thing at 11, our first bounce at 12 (was a little dogey as he ran in to the 1st part and was very close to the 2nd) then 3 strides to 13 a skinnie spread, 14 was a massive open ditch/hedge to another hedge (hands by my ears at this point as had lost them over the ditch!!) then a trackaner (spl??) to an upright at 15 then the water log run down to a jump in to the water and a log out, then 16, a very wide table (bout 6ft!), then we had a 1/2 rooltop down a dip, up a dip to a skinnie then down the dip and back up to another rool top for 19 and then a dog kennel to finish!! Wow Finished my 1st int of the season in one piece!!

The only thing song did to himself was stud himself infornt of his stud girth!! bless him

So all in all got 41 for dressage, 8 SJ and 24 time XC And am beaming from ear to ear, roll on Goring novice!!

Photos are taking ages to load do will put them up later!!

Beth & Song

xx

BBs

Visit site
brilliant brilliant
Well done hunny.
What a super report, what an exciting season you two have in front of you
smile.gif

I will miss your round at Goring
frown.gif
or i would have come and said hello
smile.gif

Best of luck, you wil fly round there.

Where are you going after Goring?

Dead chuffed for you hun, looking forward to pics.

Vxxx

BBs

Visit site
Will you be coming near Withington, Salperton, Aston?

Gotta catch up with you guys
smile.gif

Please give S a big snog from me, and hope he doesnt feel too sore from his war wound.

Hows newbee coming on?

MillbrookSong

heartbuster.blogspot.com
Nope dont think im going to any of those but might come to watch at either withington or salperton!!

Goggles is being a little star! Would dearly love to be eventing my may but i dont no as we have only just cracked a circle with correct bend - but we can do it in walk, trot and canter!!! Lol and his jump is coming on as hes compensating fro his dangly legs with jumping bigger!! Just need to take him xc now so hopefully he wil take to that and i will get a few day tickets!! Just have to remeber which intros were nice!!

ElleJS

Visit site
Well done! Go to Houghton Hall, it looks fab! Chepstow is always so wet....
I'm at Withington, Salperton and Aston!

madgirl

Visit site
wow well done thats fab! didn't realise you had changed your name fom milbrook song lol!!
Gret pics too!

hmm i'm off to watch salperton and withington hopefully!