My amazing little pony got a 9 today!

Leo Walker

Visit site
There isnt words for how pleased I am with her. I thought I was going to burst into tears in front of everyone! Shes been away 5 weeks and driving for 4 of those. I've driven her 4 times and the last week has been a write off with the snow and ice. And today she loaded up with 5 other ponies and went to her first event. She stood nicely at the wagon when she wasnt being worked, and as we had so many ponies we were mad busy so she was expected to behave herself on her own a lot of the time, which she did.

Shes never been in an indoor, never been in a school with other ponies being driven, never seen a gallery full of people or white boards and shes certainly not been expected to do what she did today. She also had to leave everyone else and go right round the lorry pack, down an icy slope and round to the other end of the place to the warmup.

You get 2 tests for driving, one for the way the pony goes and one for accuracy, its called precision and paces. She absolutely smashed it!
51401859_10156290489308667_1625465823831261184_n.jpg

51147704_10156290489353667_5033495821719437312_n.jpg

Both 6s were when something startled her and she just lost concentration enough that she wobbled a bit. And we didnt show enough steps of rein back, but we only taught her reinback yesterday so I took the 2 good steps and didnt push for 4. But as a first go after 4 weeks I'll take that!

We knocked 3 cones which was driver error. My eyes are terrible and depth perception is difficult. I'm ok if I practice a lot but I've not practiced in about 6months. But she was fab, just kept on going with a really nice rhythm. Obstacles was brilliant. Shes never seen an obstacle never mind 12 of them in the arena. I babied her round but she was forward and turning when she was asked and not once did we come close to knocking one or missing one.

We came 4th.

51760197_10156290863073667_381654912796196864_n.jpg

I personally think she was robbed! There should have been a prize for the best pony there just for her :p She gave me such a good feeling. She thought everyone was there to see her and she loved it which I really didnt expect. She was harnessed up 3 times for the different bits and every time she was happy to go back to work, even though she must have been knackered by the end of the day. I know I was! She unloaded at the breakers yard while we got everything sorted and then she was loaded back up again about 40mins without missing a beat. Shes back at home now tucked up in her stable ready to go back out with her friends tomorrow. She must wonder what the hell happened today!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm glad things are all moving in the right direction in your life after last year's nightmares. You must be thrilled with her.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Oh my goodness, what a superstar. Blummin well done! Sounds like you've found a real gem there and given her a top notch breaking experience, you must be so proud.
Here's to 2019 with Bobbie 😁

Surbie

Visit site
Well done the pair of you - fantastic start to competing. I think I'd have exploded too. She''s done so well for you. Looking forward to hearing more...

Leo Walker

Visit site
Oh my goodness, what a superstar. Blummin well done! Sounds like you've found a real gem there and given her a top notch breaking experience, you must be so proud.
Here's to 2019 with Bobbie 😁

I like to think I have a good eye for a horse, but its funny out of all of them she has been the one I really wasnt sure of. I thought she might well be too laid back and she didnt have the spark I like, but I liked her personality so much I bought her anyway. Its a good job I did! People have come out of their way today to tell me shes doing so well and how nice she is. The breakers have told me shes special and I am very lucky to have found her. Considering how many ponies they see a year thats high praise indeed.

Now we have a month or so of driving out, getting fit and getting some miles on the clock before we gear up for the summer stuff.

Mule

Visit site
There isnt words for how pleased I am with her. I thought I was going to burst into tears in front of everyone! Shes been away 5 weeks and driving for 4 of those. I've driven her 4 times and the last week has been a write off with the snow and ice. And today she loaded up with 5 other ponies and went to her first event. She stood nicely at the wagon when she wasnt being worked, and as we had so many ponies we were mad busy so she was expected to behave herself on her own a lot of the time, which she did.

Shes never been in an indoor, never been in a school with other ponies being driven, never seen a gallery full of people or white boards and shes certainly not been expected to do what she did today. She also had to leave everyone else and go right round the lorry pack, down an icy slope and round to the other end of the place to the warmup.

You get 2 tests for driving, one for the way the pony goes and one for accuracy, its called precision and paces. She absolutely smashed it!
51401859_10156290489308667_1625465823831261184_n.jpg

51147704_10156290489353667_5033495821719437312_n.jpg

Both 6s were when something startled her and she just lost concentration enough that she wobbled a bit. And we didnt show enough steps of rein back, but we only taught her reinback yesterday so I took the 2 good steps and didnt push for 4. But as a first go after 4 weeks I'll take that!

We knocked 3 cones which was driver error. My eyes are terrible and depth perception is difficult. I'm ok if I practice a lot but I've not practiced in about 6months. But she was fab, just kept on going with a really nice rhythm. Obstacles was brilliant. Shes never seen an obstacle never mind 12 of them in the arena. I babied her round but she was forward and turning when she was asked and not once did we come close to knocking one or missing one.

We came 4th.

51760197_10156290863073667_381654912796196864_n.jpg

I personally think she was robbed! There should have been a prize for the best pony there just for her :p She gave me such a good feeling. She thought everyone was there to see her and she loved it which I really didnt expect. She was harnessed up 3 times for the different bits and every time she was happy to go back to work, even though she must have been knackered by the end of the day. I know I was! She unloaded at the breakers yard while we got everything sorted and then she was loaded back up again about 40mins without missing a beat. Shes back at home now tucked up in her stable ready to go back out with her friends tomorrow. She must wonder what the hell happened today!
Well done. That's fantastic x

Leo Walker

Visit site
I was just saying to our mutual friend earlier that I must message you and get you over for a drive now shes home. Once shes settled it, I'll message you and we can arrange something.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I didn’t know driving dressage was a thing 😳
Really really made up for you xx

Its not on its own. This is like indoor eventing. Dressage, then a cones course which is cones set 5cm wider than the carriage with balls resting on top, so like showjumping and then obstacles which is 2 obstacles made up of 6 gates, so like indoor XC but much, much tighter and twistier. You do the obstacles twice. Its a lot for one day so I went with the aim of just doing the dressage and seeing how it went, and ended up doing the whole thing as she was having such a good time.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Sounds like good fun. Pretty impressive she did well at that considering she’s still learning the ropes.
Are they little orange cones? There’s a field I pass with small orange cones all set about.