My Aston Le Walls report - bit of a funny one!!!

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Today really was a strange one, doesnt look that great on paper but came away with a good feeling about it so was ok in my eyes.

Left home at 4.30am which meant a 3.30 start to get the yard done first as no one else at home at the moment. Walked the Xc and thought it looked lovely and straightforward, a few nice skinnies and doubles but very jumpable. Ground was lovely at 8am this morning!

Got ready for the dressage and the heavens opened! Got completly soaked through warming up and went in. Blaze then totally dropped me and I didnt dare do much about it as didnt feel I could risk upsetting things. Walk and canter work was lovely, trot was very tense and choppy, def the worst test he has done BE, but judge thought otherwise and gave him a 36! Very odd!
tongue.gif

Even more rain on the way to the showjumping, and he warmed up really well, went in and WOW he was amazing. Clearing things by miles, getting a fantastic shot to everything and it felt really professional. So much so muppet here forgot where she was going and ended facing fence 8 on a horrendus angle about 1m away
blush.gif
Since it was my error and not his I turned away and then had no canter to clipped that one. Got my act in gear for the last and he pinged that beautifully. Definitly the best we have jumped together so was really really pleased, but also felt a little stupid
tongue.gif

On to the XC, by now the lovely going had turned into wet slidey mud on top of the harder ground. Thought about withdrawing but figured it might get better on the actual course so warmed up (over about 2 fences as the warm up was so slippy)

Basically cantered round very slowly and showjumped everything as it was horrible. Blaze was a superstar as usual and flew over everything apart from a little incident at the hanging log on a bank which resembled an icerink by this point causing him to almost sommersault over it, fortunently he kept his feet and carried on to finish with loads of time faults! (which I couldnt care less about
tongue.gif
)

Very clever pony who jumped out of his skin today. Cant wait to move him up to novice.

The journey home was different story, and involved a lot of waiting by the edge of a very busy road in a dead lorry, why is it the one time I go on my own that the bl**dy thing dies on me
frown.gif

But all home now, just need some food! lol

Thanks for reading, and thanks so much to FMC for coming and helping all day in the rain, she took a lovely pic of Blaze over the last fence in the XC.

jules89

Visit site
ditto Saf! He is such a megastar, sexy pone, just shame about the lorry, I have two for sale
wink.gif
lol!
laugh.gif

Well done
smile.gif

Thistle

Visit site
Yes, it was horrid yesterday wasn't it.

Hope you didn't have to wait too long to get the lorry fixed. I broke down on way home from Oasby this year after a very early start - you sit in the lorry trying to sleep whilst it's being rocked by every passing car. At the same time you are worrying about the yard to do at home.

I am having a collection to buy that lovely judge a guide dog as W did a dreadful test too and got 36.5 - perhaps she just likes little ones?

Was good to meet you and the lovely Blaze - Hi to FMC too.

wizoz

Visit site
I think people really do worry too much what their records look like
crazy.gif
Ok, if you were selling him then maybe and only a slight maybe, it might effect his value but I seriuosly doubt it.
tongue.gif

He's just proved to you what a versatile little chap he is and that his confidence doesn't get knocked if you don't get him spot on. I have to say, for once El's, I think you are very lucky to have found such a superstar, not before time and very much deserved, so a BIG well done to you both
cool.gif
laugh.gif

I_A_P

Visit site
Thats really good and that is not loads of time faults!!

Another good result well done!