My BIG insurance renewal.

Nailed

Visit site
Just had my Insurance renewal from NFU and it have gone up 18 pound a month?!! thats a lot.

Has anyone else found this? I'm quite annoyed as being insured with NFU makes me feel 'safe' but to be honest.. im not sure I can afford that amount a month!

Lou x

fairyclare

Visit site
I had the same thing - I was paying £30 something a month then it suddenly jumped up to £50 something a month, I had to cancel, I cannot justify £50+ a month on insurance for what is now essentially a big pet/happy hacker.

Lotty

Visit site
I received my renewal on Sat and it's gone up £30.00
flamingmad.gif
I think I'll start putting some money away each month in a seperate account or ring around to see what other's quote.

odd1

Visit site
mine went up big time too with nfu, i called and asked why was told that last year we got a double discount as it was some 100 yr annv. or something like that so last years one was alot cheaper and everything has gone up anyway this year so with the discount just being the normal % its making it seem very expensive
i reduced one horses value, removed my tack and managed to get it down a bit that way

appylass

Visit site
Mine has gone up by 50% too :( My friends policy doubled, she had to take off some parts of the policy just to afford the essentials. I think NFU will lose customers over this, it's a shame but they seem to be taking advantage of their good reputation to fleece us. I had to make a vehicle claim 18 months ago,it was very straightforward but took them 6 months to sort AND they continued to take premiums after it was settled - it took them ages to sort that too :( IMO they are not the great company they once were.

Gorgeous George

Visit site
Mine went up by nearly 50% when I got my renewal from NFU last month, I voted with my feet and went to KBIS who offered me a good deal and seem to have a very good reputation on here. My vet is happy with KBIS too :)

Vetwrap

Visit site
I'm with Petplan and am staying with Petplan. Premium has gone up by only £2 per month, in spite of a fairly substantial claim last year.

They lady on the phone even explained how I could remove the exclusions from my policy and when this could be done. I couldn't rate them highly enough!

Nailed

Visit site
i got a quote off of petplan for the same level of cover and it was 100 more the nfu.. kbis or seib are looking like my new company

Lou x

Dogstar

Visit site
I self insure with my horses now. However, my NFU car insurance had gone up so I shopped around and managed to get it about £70-£80 less with Diamond for (apparently) similar cover.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I use SEIB have done for many years always helpful i have 3 horses on it horsebox and car they gave me a good % off for so many policies

scm

Visit site
had 4 with them for over 10 years good record yet premium went up £60 per month. One horse I took off and put with seib at a saving of £500! because they would tailor a policy to my old boy.When I challenged my agent n increases they said 'we can cancel your policy if you are'nt happy just let us know'.....valued customer not.

I think due to fraudulent claims and expensive techniques like mri they probably do not want to be doing horse insurance and this is there way of losing a few

KatB

Visit site
Me too! I've dropped my horses value, and think I am moving to petplan, as they have the lowest AP for monthly payments, which makes them cheaper than Amtrust who were the next cheapest.