My BOGOF has arrived

Skyebald

Visit site
:D Got to field this morning to find a few extra legs :D:D

She'd chosen to give birth out in the field in a muddy gateway :rolleyes: They were both tucked away in the field shelter when I turned up ..... piccies coming soon hopefully ;)

Skyebald

Visit site

Foal011.jpg

Skyebald

Visit site
Yes HE is very similar;).... mum has been absolutely fab, so chilled and she's not 5 herself yet :)

Very pleased :D

quirky

Visit site
How lovely :)

Does he have a problem with his back legs, or is it the soft ground that makes them look very low in the pastern area?

meesha

Visit site
beautiful little man, clever mummy to have little chap whilst sun was shining ! I was just thinking same about long legs compared to mum - although I know nothing about breeding - who is dad ?

Skyebald

Visit site
How lovely :)

Does he have a problem with his back legs, or is it the soft ground that makes them look very low in the pastern area?

He is quite low at the moment, discussed it with the vet and he felt that with some exercise they would improve... if I don't feel they are then will call the vet back out ... I was worried too

No name yet open to suggestions :D

yes he does look as if he will be bigger than mum, no idea of dad tho so will be exciting to see what happens

mind you mums dam was 15hh she's about 13.2 :confused:

Tormenta

Visit site
Gorgeous little foal! I'm not nitpicking, just an eency bit of concern, watch with the strings you have hanging in your shelter (can't make out what it is sorry) foals can be a bit silly as you probably know. Congrats and hope all goes well :)

Skyebald

Visit site
Gorgeous little foal! I'm not nitpicking, just an eency bit of concern, watch with the strings you have hanging in your shelter (can't make out what it is sorry) foals can be a bit silly as you probably know. Congrats and hope all goes well :)

already removed :D

Chestnutmare

Visit site

My thoughts ^^^^ regarding the twine... but sure you know what your doing.

Have to say what a little sweetie love the markings on him, do hope all works out well for you all.

Soon as you figure out a character you will be able to think of a name... I know someone that has just had a foal too and have called it Sonny... little appropriate considering the sun was out today :D