My BS adventures at Field House!!

Mickeymoo

Visit site
After a bit of a 'no year' last year due to ill horses, broken dogs, and a dislocated finger, this year I decided to give myself a challenge. So, I have been dabbling in a bit of BS.

First couple of times out I did 80cm, once went double clear and the second time he just messed about as they weren't big enough to challenge him. And then BN after, both times 1 down.

Today I decided to scrap the 80 and go in at BN and then 90cm Amateur. So off I went.

Warmed up really well but then started to tap poles, then totally crashed through one, which did him really good as he jumped well after that. Off I went into BN and got a really good canter going. Met everything well and jumped clear. So 2 phase, straight into jump off... Did an amazing pony club turn from fence 9 to 10, but unfortunately locked onto the second part of No3 which was a double, and jumped that backwards.. mmm big E. What a numpty rider, and naughty pony for grabbing the bit off me!

As I'm new to this, didn't get my name down quick enough so waited for what seemed like ages to get into next class. Again Jumped amazing and was really pleased, until the last which was a double, with a lovely little white filler on the floor on the 2nd part. Jumped strong over the first part and was really on for the 2nd - or so I thought. Mick had other ideas and dipped out when he should have taken off, depositing me out the side door. Fell ok but hit my head on the floor. Ouch, felt sick and dizzy straight away.

Put pony away and went for a cup of tea and piece of cake. Soon started to feel better.

Can I say, everyone at Field House were so lovely and professional. The first aid lady came and sat with me for ages to make sure I was ok.

Gutted about the first class, thought I was 12 again on my pony. :rolleyes: Can't believe he didn't jump the last part of double in Amateur. Thought we were on for it.

Ah well, lesson learn't. Never assume.

Met some lovely people and had a great day but not on paper.

Tea on offer but no fruit cake. I ate all that. ;) sorry and thanks for reading.

Last edited: