My cat has gone missing :(

millimoo

Visit site
I went away on Business last week, and my mum was coming in daily to feed my cats.
My 3yr old male Tabby was seen in the house on Monday, but when I returned on Wednesday there was no sign of him.
I've contacted all the vets in the area, Posters are going up tonight, and I've leafleted about 85 houses so far.
He's gone missing before, the first time he was hit by a car, and appeared 4 days later, and he went AWOL in March for 3 days - I suspect shut in. Although he has a cat flap,'he very much enjoys lounging around at home which is why it's so out of character.
I had my old cat PTS a few weeks ago, and I'm quietly panicking on Timmys whereabouts -'I can't lose another. Also his best mate is at home missing him madly. I've been out every evening after dark with my dog and other cat (who shouts alot).
I've also had my first Wierdo phone call - hope to god he hasn't got him.
Sorry for the ramblings, know there's nothing any of you can do to find my kitty, just trying to offload as I'm beginning to get really concerned.
Cookies & hot chocolate if you got this far :(

Hoofprints in the Snow

Visit site
Sorry I can't do any thing to help, but he may still turn up. One of my cats went missing for over a week, he had never gone missing before, however he managed to find his way back home and was none the worse for his adventure. I know how bad you must be feeling, but don't give up hope!!!!

Arizahn

Visit site
OP, are there any empty houses/buildings near you?

Giant Cat got himself boarded up inside a vacant property last week. Was gone for two days until we tracked him down by the yowling. Had to remove a board from a broken window so he could get out, and then replace the board, as the owner of the building was away on holiday and wouldn't be back for several weeks! Giant Cat was thirsty and hungry but fine.

Would also get in touch with the shelters, especially Cats Protection, in case he has been turned in there.

Hope he comes home soon:)

Simbacat

Visit site
My lovely Simba has been missing several times, I think always locked in the same house down the road. Have hope, 3 days is not long! I now have a radio collar "catlocator" on him .

Rueysmum

Visit site
Really hope you find him. This is my worst nightmare and one I hope I never experience.

Are there any houses near you which tend to be rented out or are there any for sale? I always have visions of my cat accompanying an estate agent into an empty house and being locked in after the viewing. Another horrible scenario is delivering vans and inquisitive natures.

Hope this isn't the case, but it is worth asking if people have had any deliveries recently and tracking to the depot.

Good luck with finding him. Fingers crossed for you.

Emilieu

Visit site
Op please don't believe the Weirdos. I lost my beloved jazz for five weeks last year and the same person phoned me repeatedly outlining the awful things they had done to him - really truly they don't have him.
Have you tried emptying his litter tray outside the door to help guide him if he has wandered too far? Emptying Hoover bag will do the same.
I was also told that between three and four was the best time to go out and shout for him - best chance of hearing if he is stuck somewhere and calling back.
All fingers and paws crossed that he wanders home with a big smile on his chops soon.
An awful thought but you can phone the council to check if any rta have been collected :( its horrible call to make but at least if they say no it gives you hope.
Thinking of you. I know how awful it feels x

moana

Visit site
My cat has gone missing too, so I know how you feel. Another very local cat of the same colour has also gone missing.

I hope you find yours soon.

Littlelegs

Visit site
Hope he turns up soon. Have you tried local farms, yards, scrap yards etc that could have a feral in season? We get a selection of toms at our farm after yard cat, most I recognize as living nearby, but we've had some who aren't local. Plus one male who'd been scrapping over female who turned out to live a good few miles away.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Feel your pain OP but unfortunately cats are cats and especially male ones do tend to wander off, especially at this time of year where they may be lured by the charms of a female and be totally impervious to everything else!

We had an old black tomcat, gorgeous creature he was, and knew it - and one day he just vanished; one minute he was there, the next he'd gone. He stayed away for a remarkable four years, and then one day I heard him (he always was very vociferous and mewed and mewed like crazy whenever he was around). He was in superb condition, fat, sleek and obviously well cared for.

We never knew where he'd been - it would have been so interesting to have known, but we never shall now.

The problem is that if cats do go missing and go out of their normal hunting territory, often people will "adopt" them and of course they'll stay if they're fed well and cosseted. Cats don't have any loyalty!!

So what I'm saying is try not to worry....... it may be a while but I'm sure all will work out well in the end.

fallenangel123

Visit site
I've just been thro this too, nine days after going missing, having had the worst storms and flooding for years in that time too, little Monday was returned by some friends just down the road.
The waiting is awful tho. A tip I got from our local cats protection was to hang your unwashed t shirt on the line as the scent will guide them home.
Hope he comes back soon!

millimoo

Visit site
Thanks for your replies everyone... Been off the forum for a few days, in-between looking for him.
Sadly he's still missing... Petlog are notified, he's on the local and National RSPCA databases, the Local CPL, vets etc and I've leafleted over 100 houses in the vicinity and have been out every night after dark calling him. I've also got a poster up in the village post office. Council waste services haven't collected any bodies in my area, so that's good news.
Thankfully the 'Wierdo' caller never called back - I assume he sobered up the fool.
I just want him home, but all I can think of is the awful things that could have happened to him, or him trapped or hurt somewhere.
I'll let you know if he turns up, and hope those of you who are also going through the same nightmare, hope they're back already and if not, that they are very soon x

millimoo

Visit site
Thanks Cally6008, will do ... Went out again late last night. Thought I'd found him, as there was a cat quietly calling, but it was another cat wanting to say hi.
I got my hopes up as I had my lab, and my other cat (who's very vocal) with me whilst we checked the local church sheds and cellar door etc.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
So sorry to hear about missing cats .

Have you thought to look on your local CPL (Cats Protection League) website, or notify them to put them on there???

I am a volunteer foster with the CPL, We always put our cats in pens now as we worry about them getting hurt while we are away. Cats love their humans around and some wander when they go. Its costly putting in pens but worth it for piece of mind

Are the cats missing microchiped??

They might have got into vehicles to postie etc. Have you thought about putting signs in the surrounding villages??
surrounding branches of the CPL as each branch has different missing lists and volunteers.
Look on the main branch page and it will list other branches http://www.cats.org.uk/find-us/ put your postcode in and check other cpl websites they list.

Also use your local paper to place a missing add. Hope all pussies come home.:)

Last edited:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I've just been thro this too, nine days after going missing, having had the worst storms and flooding for years in that time too, little Monday was returned by some friends just down the road.
The waiting is awful tho. A tip I got from our local cats protection was to hang your unwashed t shirt on the line as the scent will guide them home.
Hope he comes back soon!

^ 5 good and useful idea I will remember that

Sarah_K

Visit site
Can I suggest that you also visit your local cat shelters. One of ours went missing for a few weeks (black cat, slight bit of white on chest) and the shelter had him, but hadn't recognised him from the description and pic. He'd been there for 3 days- so god knows where he was in the meantime. The shelter's may not recognise your cat from a photo like you can.

Hope they all come home soon!

millimoo

Visit site
I'm pleased to report that Timmy is home after nearly two weeks away.
Hes absolutely fine and the same weight as when he left - although he's supporting a flea population (he's now supporting a dose of Advocate too)
He rolled up 5 minutes before Zaras test at the Olympics, and wanted cuddles for 40 minutes so I forgive him.
I went round the village putting more posters up last night and I do wonder if whoevers been giving him board and lodgings saw he does have a home to go to.
He's now fast asleep on my bed bless him :)
I really hope those who still have cats missing find them soon, and thanks for all your support as ever x

tafyx

Visit site
i had a cat that went missing for over a week but came back very hungry, think he got locked in someones garage or something. hope he comes home soon, sending best wishes and hugs.:)

cob&onion

Visit site
So pleased he's home safe and sound....
My tom cat has been missing almost 3 months now :( we have kinda givin up hope. He is the 3rd cat that has gone walk about in 3 years since we have lived here. We think the local farm we live on the grounds of have shot them as they have young pheasents and ducks they breed for shooting. They say they haven't shot any cats but we think different :( there always shooting foxes etc too.