My dog goes blinky in the rain

ladyearl

vvv
As the title says. My BC finds rain very difficult. She can't keep her eye open and blinks very fast. It is as if her eyes lack the necessary coating to protect. She hates going out late for a wee in the rain and always looks worried as if she'll be left out. She is a rescue - got her at 10 months in late Jan so she's been through a winter before and I wonder if maybe she was outside during tough weather and it has damaged her eyes. I've taken her to the vet for an eye exam and all ok but now I'm wondering if her tears aren't "strong" enough.

Bit of a ramble but it is awful here tonight and just been outside and she was really trying to power past me to get back in before doing a wee! Had to shut the door and keep saying her key word eventually she went!

thewonderhorse

Visit site
My GSD does this. He hates the rain but will quite happily dive bomb into the river and lakes we walk at.
He will also go and hide round the corner when i let him out for a wee, pretend hes been, and trot back towards the door like "ive been!" when i know darn well he hasnt. :rolleyes:
Some dogs just dont like the rain and will be wimpy about it! If her eyes look ok, not sore or weepy and shes not rubbing them i wouldnt worry too much. :)

ladyearl

vvv
Thanks - I've never seen a dog blink so fast in the rain as she does. But yes she will happily jump in a river etc. Dry today thank goodness!