My dog pee’d on another dog ....???

Greylegs

Visit site
Is this normal .... not something I’ve ever encountered before .....?

Walking doggo this morning we encountered a lady with two elderly labs who were wandering about off lead minding their own business. We were in a large parkland area so no probs with being off the lead. My boy scampered over to one of the dogs, had a friendly sniff about, no aggression just tail wagging and normal interaction. I was marching towards them, lead in hand to get hold of my dog, when I’m pretty sure he actually cocked his leg on the other dog. Not sure how I ought to have reacted to that. The other dog definitely had a wet patch on its rear end by the time I got to them. The other owner was miles away and didn’t seem at all interested in what her dog was doing.

All thoughts appreciated as ever, as we’re just still trying to get to know this boy - had him 3 months now. He’s a neutered staffie cross if that’s relevant.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Fitz often gets peed on by Quarrie-Quarrie stops to sniff, Fitz comes over to sniff at same thing just as Quarrie cocks his leg. Someone stopped to pet Fitz afterwards once and commented he had a wet head..

twiggy2

Visit site
The working collie dogs often pee on the bitches, the bitch will be peeing, the dog sniffs and clocks his leg before the bitch has moved off.
I would not worry OP it's just something that very occasionally happens.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Not as bad as Hekkie. He pee-ed on my new boss :oops: and she was sitting on our sofa at the time :eek:

He also pee-ed on his dad at Bramham. :p

It does not happen often.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
My dog has peed on other dogs, a puppy's head and my own leg when I was stood in the garden checking my phone. He will also drop a toy or stick and would crap on it if I didn't rescue it.
The OFR (Old Fat Retired) one used to pee on his own leg/leads all the time.
They're just knobs.

{97702}

Visit site
Well shit I had no idea this was what you had to post to get a lot of replies on HHO.....nah, I just love my dogs, thats enough for me :D

SadKen

Visit site
My dog has peed on other dogs, a puppy's head and my own leg when I was stood in the garden checking my phone. He will also drop a toy or stick and would crap on it if I didn't rescue it.
The OFR (Old Fat Retired) one used to pee on his own leg/leads all the time.
They're just knobs.

My lad has occasionally crapped on his own toy, but I'm confident it was accidental because he will go to get it, sniff it, stop and then leave it to get a different one. If there is poop near a stick, he will try and get the stick by staying a distance away and leaning forward as far as possible, picking up the stick by the end furthest from the poop. t's clearly ridiculous as I've seen him eat other revolting things with relish.