My dogs are truly amazing

frazzled

Visit site
An unashamedly proud post.
My two dogs are simply the best. Last night they alerted me to the fact that my OH was slipping into a diabetic coma. He had come home late after I had gone to sleep. He was downstairs having a hypo. The older dog came upstairs and jumped on the bed and the puppy was downstairs barking his head off in between running to OH. I got up and went downstairs to find him unconcious. Called paramedics who were amazing and eventually got him stabilised which took a while as his body temprature had dropped very low.
Without them alerting me he would have been down there all night and could have been extremely poorly.
I love my boys to bits.

_GG_

Visit site
What an amazing post. What amazing dogs you have and a very lucky OH. Hope he is feeling ok today and hope your boys get some lovely treats for their brilliance xxx

frazzled

Visit site
OH is completely fine , just a bit tired! Dogs have been completely spoilt with a selection of new toys finding there way into the toybox :)

Last edited:

moppett

Visit site
your dogs are amazing! mine are useless! we've had burning things in the oven, leaky gas cooker and they just slept right through!
what breeds do you have? pictures?! you must be such a proud owner!

frazzled

Visit site
your dogs are amazing! mine are useless! we've had burning things in the oven, leaky gas cooker and they just slept right through!
what breeds do you have? pictures?! you must be such a proud owner!

They are both mini schnauzers. They were incredible, they stayed awake the whole time the paramedics were there but didn't make a sound and they normally bark at a leaf dropping.
They are both shattered today, I have never known them sleep so much in the day!

weaselwords

Visit site
Such clever dogs! I hope your other half is ok? Must have been so frightening, but could have been so much worse if they hadn't alerted you.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
What fab dogs! Are they trainable as diabetic service dogs for your oh as they sound like they are already halfway there! I've seen a diabetic service dog in action and it was quite something :)