My Eventful Hack Today... (tad long)

PIAFFES_Sister

Visit site
we went up to the yard this morning as normal, got summer ready to school, and piaffe had v ready to lunge...i was in the school just about to get on when...
"becky! do u want to come on a hack with me for a change"
i asked piaffe whether i could go, hoping she would say, 'no you need to school her'- but she said it was upto me...
so i said i would to be nice.

i don't really like going on hacks with her horse, he's very sharp and will jump at anything (literally!)
everytime he jumped, summer would too- which was really annoying, summer was getting so hyper she was cantering on the WET roads, i had no control! we got into some fields, rather big ones for a gallop- fair enough, but madame was bolting so much, again i lost control, she was blantanly showing off to the ex race horse! tart!

we stopped at some gates and summer was so hyped up she started rearing! shes never done THAT before! we were trotting through a field with rows of apple tree's, instead of going straight through summer decided she would whizz UP them! and the worst bit of the hack had to be when a cyclist was cycling up behind us (i had no idea he was there) and spooked the hell out of summer and she bolted off the road and down a bit of a track, we told him to talk so the horses new she was there he said 'yes i can talk', oh dear lol

anyway, i was glad to get back to the yard and shall deffinately be schooling tomorrow!
grin.gif

lucylemon

k9-chatterbox-forums.editboard.com
oh dear, poor you.

i'm off on a hack tomorrow, loads of roadwork though cos the woods we want to ride in is right by where i live, across loads of roads (not very busy) but when we get to the woods there's a bridle path that goes on forever, and we shall go for a couple of blasts!!! YAY Can't wait!! only prob is, the arab i am riding has no brakes ad my friends horse is a tb and is soooooooo fast (not an ex-racer though) and unstoppable!!!

PIAFFES_Sister

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
oh dear, poor you.

i'm off on a hack tomorrow, loads of roadwork though cos the woods we want to ride in is right by where i live, across loads of roads (not very busy) but when we get to the woods there's a bridle path that goes on forever, and we shall go for a couple of blasts!!! YAY Can't wait!! only prob is, the arab i am riding has no brakes ad my friends horse is a tb and is soooooooo fast (not an ex-racer though) and unstoppable!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a repeat of my day! hope u have fun though

PIAFFES_Sister

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
thanks, i'm sure i will.if i'm not on in the next few days i'll probably still be galloping through the woods!!

Although Spirit (the arab) is unstoppable she is a lovely horse and she is soo gr8, she can jump 5 ft! (not with me though!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!
laugh.gif

oh i do love arabs! they re so elegant
tongue.gif