My first British Novice BS affiliated outing...(with pics)

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
...went well :)
Got there with plenty of time only to find out the clear round was running 45mins late :(
Que a rather long wait!
Warm up was a bit hairy! I can't believe that even a lot of affiliated people don't know it's generally left to left and walk on the inside track! :O
Finally got to walk the course and it was quite nice, except for the turn from fences 9 to 10!
Put my number down and was lucky to be given an early slot of 5th to go as there were about 40 people in the class.
Went in and he jumped his little socks off! Helped me out when I missed completely at fence 2 :) and jumped fantastically, I really feel he locks onto his fences now and wants to jump them :D
Had an unfortunate pole down at the second part of a one striding upright double. Thought we had got away with it but it fell :( Hey ho, i was just so chuffed with him! :D
Lots (and I mean lots) of people were having 4 faults and there were a lot of 8 fault rounds with very few clears so I think we did quite well and didn't disgrace ourselves! ;)
I was planning on doing the Discovery as well but there were still about 35 people to go after me in the British Novice and there was just too much hanging around! :( Ahh well next time! :) Aiming to do Newcomers by the end of the year, Fingers crossed! :)
So that's my report :) Hope it wasn't too long! Cookies and freshly baked cupcakes if you got this far! ;)
Some pics and a video of our round :) (will post link to professional ones when they are put up later :) )
CC welcome but not too harsh please I know I'm not a brilliant ride rand he has a tendency to rush but he's not an easy horse to ride! This was a big step for us to take and I was very nervous! This time last year I was just chuffed to get round a 2ft course clear! :)
OscarBritishNoviceatFelbridge110-4.jpg

OscarBritishNoviceatFelbridge110-5.jpg

OscarBritishNoviceatFelbridge110-3.jpg

OscarBritishNoviceatFelbridge110-2.jpg

OscarBritishNoviceatFelbridge110410.jpg

OscarBritishNoviceatFelbridge110-1.jpg

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Thanks Weezy :) wasn't quite as scary as I thought it was going to be! ;)
Oops I meant to take the bit about the video out - Photobucket couldn't upload it! :( Will try again later :)

Weezy

Visit site
Awww I was looking forward to watching it, hope you get it uploaded :D

BTW, some of the rudest people I have ever met in warm ups have been at BSJA shows, you are right, very few know the etiquette rules!

Oh and your class numbers were my idea of heaven....Addington regularly has 80+ in a class :eek:

EgerdenFarmStud

Visit site
Well done...We were @ Felbridge today too with our babies... Dunno if you saw us ( Hopefully we were not the rude people that did not go left to left - I promise we do know the rules but on a 3 coming 4 year old that does not have the best steering when on grass for the first time it may have been a bit difficult. )
x

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Thanks everyone :) Photobucket still doesn't like the video! :(
EFS, yes I think I saw you too :) where you the people with the smart jackets? or am I getting completely confused??!
There were some really nice horses today :) Apart from the rather rude lady who's horse scooted back into Oscar who was standing by me and my mum. Que Me and my (not particularly horsey) mum to have to jump out of the way to avoid getting squished whilst I was rather afraid that this horse was going to kick mine! Not even an apology!!!!! :O So yes I did get rather annoyed and yelled at the lady that a sorry would have been nice seeing as her horse charged into mine! She just rode off!!!

EgerdenFarmStud

Visit site
Haha yes some people are rather rude!! Not sure about the smart jackets, we have a big red oakley lorry, all horses wear blue whitaker numnhers with EFS logo on one side and Egerden Farm Stud written on the other side. We had my homebred grey 4 year old ( very beautiful if I do say so myself ) a coloured baby and a very very flash 5 year old black gelding ( that is for sale : ( ... ) Who was it that crashed into you??
x

EgerdenFarmStud

Visit site
P.s ... You would have probably remembered had you seen me... I would have been the HUGE fat pregnant lady that looks like a whale waddling up and down the ramp bandaging, tacking up etc ( with only 6 weeks left to drop ) Am hoping I shall get a break soon!haha
x

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
ohhh yes I remember the black horse...it was rather beautiful! :) and I most probably saw the grey but I can't remember exactly as there were rather a few greys (including mine!) :)
And it was a lady on a grey that crashed into me! She was wearing a grey tweed jacket and the horse proceeded to prance around and rear up...

EgerdenFarmStud

Visit site
Ahh, I remember the one haha! Thank you very much, and yes he is rather beautiful - If you know of anybody ( who would be the best mummy or daddy in the world and will love him forever ) Let them know about him...desperate for him to find a new home now : (

x

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Well done on a succesfull outing :D
On the warm up front, yes left to left but the worst thing you can do is walk on the inside track. Nothing more annoying than trying to turn to the practice fence and find someone dawdling along in walk on the inside of you.
At most warmups people tend to walk on the outside track with canter on the inside to give a clear line to the fences.

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Thanks Juno :)
True but I did make sure that I wasn't in the way of the practice fence at all and kept my eye out for people wanting to jump :) Luckily the practice ring we had was rather large and not too busy :)
Oh and I did another post with it but seeing as the two posts go together here is the video :)