My first homebred is growing up!

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
My first ever homebred foal is now 3, and starting to do some light work. I am so pleased with his attitude, especially as he is a colt, but he just seems so eager to learn, and able to pick things up really quickly. He will not be ridden until the end of this year, and even then it will only be very light hacking over the winter, to be schooled on properly as a 4yo. He is so responsive to my voice, and will happily walk, trot, canter and stand. We are hoping to grade him in October, so have started schooling him in a jumping lane, with just poles on the ground for now. He took to coloured poles straight away, and showed us what a fantastic jump he has! He is going out to some shows this year in hand, his first one is this weekend, so I will try and get some updated pictures for you - he is the foal in the bottom right of my signature.

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
He's out of my mare Evy (Ayemkay Evin Star) and by Mars (bred by HM Queen). Mars died before my little man was born, so he is one of the last, and I am told the last colt to be kept entire.

Mum
2009_05102009Shows00432.jpg

This is the little man as a foal;
100_1340.jpg

100_1366.jpg

8on7thOctober2006.jpg

As a yearling
Image043.jpg

Image042.jpg

wonky.jpg

I don't have any recent pics on this pc, but will try and get some nice ones tonight.

Penniless

Visit site
You've just cheered Kerry up - she absolutely loves bay horses with white tails and hasn't seen one for years. Good luck with him - hope you do well.