My First Real Break!

Natti

Visit site
(I thought that title was hilarious :/ ) Well, yesterday I had my first real break! Quite literally in fact, as I managed to break my finger! I was out with my friend walking Phoenix in hand and were about a mile down the lane next to the stable when a couple of cars wanted passed from the opposite direction. We pulled into a large passing place and Phoenix stood very calmly as the first car went passed. However, the seconds driver was feeling quite impatient and revved the engine causing her to startle a little. However none the less, after she had settled somewhat,we carried on walking. In hindsight, I probably should have let her settle some more as she began pulling slightly on the leadrope and then, out of nowhere (that I can remember seeing/hearing) she spooked, turning a sharp left and offbalancing me. Her front hoof connected with my left foot cause me to unbalance further and I fell on to the road. Another one of her hooves then made contact with my right hand (not my dominant fortunately, so I can still write [or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it]) breaking my ring finger. I originally didn't think it was broken because I could move it, even if it did hurt a little.

At this point my friend was panicking because I dropped the leadrope when I fell and Phoenix had proceeded to stand on it as she trotted over to get some grass (silly horse couldn't even remember what she had been scared of it seems :p) and so my friend had grabbed the rope. I guess her panicky energy must have fed down to Phoenix because she started tossing her head again. Then, yetanother car (this is a quiet country lane remember, I don't know how we were meeting so many cars) pulled up, luckily it was a very understanding person driving, and slowed down. My friend proceeded to panic and almost threw the rope at me, which - as the idiot I am - I caught.

And I almost blacked out right there.

I couldn't even work out why because my fingers were moving, and I had always assumed that that meant they weren't broken. I must have stumbled back to a bench a few steps back and gotten Phoenix in because the next time I could see the car was gone and my friend had started off down the road with Phoenix. I then, for the next 5 minutes, proceeded to go in and out of dizzy, blacked out vision and no hearing to everything being really really loud. It settled down though and my friend and her mum eventually came back with the car to take me to the minor injuries unit, where I got x-rayed.

My dad had met us at the hospital (I was surprised her wasn't freaking out more actually, I broke the news [no pun intended] to him in a sort of oh-yeah-well-something-happened-and-so-now-i'm-going-to-the-hospital-see-you-soon-bye! and I thought he would be really worried but he wasn't)and I then had to wait 2 hours to get seen, which wasn't really very fun, especially because there were only about 6 other people there, and one boy wouldn't stop crying, really loudly, about how he'd broken his finger and what would happen if they couldn't do anything for it.

But, yes, I'm now off duty from riding, tkd, saxophone and piano for at least 6 weeks, yet I'm still expected to hand in 5 essays for school in 2 weeks. Judging by how long it's taken me to write this I'll be lucky if I get any of them finished :p. Anyway, thought you could all enjoy my idiocy as much as my friends have (they just laughed the mean things :p ) and, the first time I have ever actually broken a bone.

I just realised how mny times I used itallics there.

I've had hairline fractures and bruised ribs etc before but never a proper break. It wasn't even cool, it was just falling over and not being smart enough to move. I feel really stupid and don't want to post this now but I just spent an hour typing this out with only one hand and don't want to have completely wasted that time. Argh :/

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
Sorry - that must have been quite a nasty experience! Well done for writing with your broken finger. It'll mend in no time, especially as you're young. I hope that you manage to get your essays done without too many problems :)