My first ridden showing show report :D

Jenna1406

Visit site
So on Saturday I went along to the local riding club show to do what was my first ever ridden show.
So on Friday night all the washing and plaiting for both my horse and my OH horse was done and they were turned out and we just crossed our fingers they weren’t too dirty in the morning.
Arrived at the show about 8.30 as we were not sure how many were in the classes before we were to start. Myself and OH had to warm the horses up at opposite ends of the place as they are quite attached but they both knuckled down when they were apart.
My first class was the Veteran class, I was so nervous as I didn’t know what to expect or what to expect of Harry (horse). He was very unsettled in the go around but I was putting this down to me being nervous, his individual show wasn’t as good as it could have been but the heavens had opened, it was sooo windy and he had been stood for a good 15 minutes before getting his 5 minutes of fame, nevertheless, I was happy with him. I did all 3 of the things I set out to do 1) not fall off, 2) to try my hardest and 3) was to smile and I did. We were placed 6th in this class which I wasn’t overly bothered about as I am in it for fun more than anything.
Second class was his height class – well in the go around I had more of a handle on my nerves and more of a handle on Harry as well. His go around he was listening, he was carrying himself the way I know he can etc. Again, we were in the line up for a good 15 minutes whilst others did there individual show and I think he switched off and was cold and fed up as again it was peeing down and windy but he did it better than the first class and we were placed 4th this time, so an improvement :D
I am really happy with him and am looking forward to taking him out again this weekend. There was some sour grapes in the classes that have tried to ruin things but I am not bothered about what they have to say – judge’s decision at the end of the day :D
Here are some pictures.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

lottiepony

Visit site
Well done :) both are looking very smart. I really enjoy my showing but know plently who don't lol! Good luck for your next outing!