My first test today!!

Natalie_H

Visit site
Hi all,
Some of you may have read my post a couple of weeks ago about being nervous about my first ever walk & trot test..
Well - today was the day. My ex-racer has never done one either so it was a new experience for both of us - not helped by him having no shoes all summer, then a hoof abscess over the last 2 weeks. He was only sound yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks & all the other problems meant that we have had one lesson in the last 3 months & 1 schooling session - so to say we were unprepared was an understatement!!

So we went anyway today & believe it or not - we completed the test (with a huge buck at X crossing between B & E!). Now it wasn't very pretty, & we only got 56.4%, but so proud of him! First time in an indoor school - lots of scary things going on around us & no preparation at all. His downwards transitions were good, upwards not so great. Walk was good (got a 7 for a 10 metre half circle), trot lacked impulsion - but we got around & it wasn't completely shameful!

Just wanted to share as usually all my posts are problems! Thanks to all who offered advice & shared their experiences x.

_OC_

Visit site
Well done you!
grin.gif

Natalie_H

Visit site
Thank you! I know the marks would be disappointing for most, but my instructor said she'd buy me a drink if I even get in the arena as she knows what a little toad he is most of the time!