My first trip away from home... (By Archie)

severnmiles

Visit site
Well, mum1 gave us our breccie and then my mummy and me went for a snooze, mum1 suddenly appears calling us down to the gate, so mummy and me get up and go galloping down to the gate, we went into the yard and then mummy went into this big metal box, two people pushed my bottom so I thought I'd better follow mummy, it wasn't bad, nice bed of shavings and food so I didn't complain. Next thing I know, the funny metal box moves, so off we go on this never ending journey, anyway, I took some pics for you all on the way... here they are..

North Wales is alot wilder than where I live!!
21082006005.jpg

21082006013.jpg

21082006015.jpg

21082006040.jpg

21082006047.jpg

A random bridge!
21082006021.jpg

Anyway, when we got there we came out of the little box and there were lots of new friends to meet, mummy and me went into a stable next to a big scary man (I think he fancied mummy) and then I saw my daddy...he definately fancied my mummy, I think he thought his luck was in. Then mum1 disappeared for a while, probably talking cos she natters for England, then I thought we would be off home.
grin.gif

Here's my daddy...

21082006027.jpg

21082006028.jpg

21082006029.jpg

210820060322.jpg

The view.....
21082006037.jpg

One of the big scary men...
210820060362.jpg

And a very noisy squealy man...
210820060352.jpg

But then it happened
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
they took mummy away and left me in the box next to the big scary man (stallion!), I could see my daddy from my bedroom but my mummy was gone....
frown.gif

They feed me lots and fuss me though...so its not all bad!
grin.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
*sobs* you make me sad, poor arch, but hey, what a hell of a view!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know...I HATE weaning, not so bothered about the mum but the poor babies...all by themselves in the big wide world! Can't wait to see him out racing though..very exciting!
grin.gif

lennysmith

Visit site
Oh nooooo! That brought a tear to my eye!!!!! Thats it Denver is NEVER being weaned! He'll stay with Josie forever and ever.

Seriously though. Hope everything goes ok what are you planning on doing with Jen now? She's not back in foal this year is she?

xxxx

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
But where are the pic's of Archie? Hope Jen's ok too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get any
frown.gif
. Jen didn't call once when she got out of the yard and she's as happy as a pig in muck, though I'm sure I could see a tinge of sadness in her eyes yesterday, Archie had become such a sweet little man.

Anne emailed to say....

"Archie is fine, never called at all once jennie was out of earshot. he ate all his tea and cleared up all his hay before his supper at ten. He is a lovely lad ,and we are both chuffed with him , you have done a really good job with him. we will keep you posted on his development."

So thats lovely, he can't be missing Jen that much.

Can't wait for pics of him growing up
smile.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh nooooo! That brought a tear to my eye!!!!! Thats it Denver is NEVER being weaned! He'll stay with Josie forever and ever.

Seriously though. Hope everything goes ok what are you planning on doing with Jen now? She's not back in foal this year is she?

xxxx

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I HATE weaning, poor little babies. How is Denver? Growing like a weed?
smirk.gif