My GSP Stalker!!

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Thought you might like to see one of my young GSP girls in action! Can you tell she has Field Trial breeding? I love her point at 20secs. We don't work her in the field (i wouldn't have a clue anyway), she's trained to harness, but i like to practise this cos it's cool! I sometimes send her to stalk crows etc at the park, which she loves - keeps her in touch with her inner pointer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX3-ECtqFhI

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Possibly (very deep down in some) but i think it probably more depends on the breed. And the individual too - this girls sister (also in the video doing her rubbish pretend point) doesn't move like this at all. Would love to see a video of your dobe moving like this! I did also once hear of a lab who would stalk too!

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Possibly (very deep down in some) but i think it probably more depends on the breed. And the individual too - this girls sister (also in the video doing her rubbish pretend point) doesn't move like this at all. Would love to see a video of your dobe moving like this! I did also once hear of a lab who would stalk too!

I have tried very hard to get it on video, he only does it in the garden when they are playing, if his sister looks at him whilst he is in stalking mode he looks away it really is so funny. Because he only does it once in a while its difficult to film.

My old brown Dobe male used to point too, if there was a rabbit in the hedge he would freeze and just point so maybe way back in their ancestry there is a bit of Pointer in there.:)

Pendlehog

Visit site
I wouldnt be surprised to find they had a common ancestor, I used to walk a solid liver GSP and was forever being asked if he was a chocolate doberman :D My springer cross also points, but only at random strange objects, not neccessaily game!