My Gut Says Too Much Rich Grass

Chavhorse

Visit site
Just had my friend from the UK on the phone saying she rode V-man today and whilst he was not visibly lame he did not feel 100% and she was wondering if he was having some more changes in his side bones.

After we had chatted for a while it transpires that the horses have been taken off the dry lot paddocks overnight due to the mud and have been spending their days out on a lush pasture for the last 3 weeks and in at night.

My gut is saying he is getting far too much grass for the good of his feet and I have asked her to buy him a grazing muzzle (he will hate her for it!) to stop him stuffing during the day.

The only reason I am thinking too much grass is he was always a bit footy when I had him in Holland (turned out on rich cow pasture) then sound as a pound within a month of being on her really rubbish grazing in the UK with extra Hay for bulk and has been 100% sound ever since.

Hopefully within a couple of weeks he will be back in the starvation paddocks overnight and in during the day with Hay again.

Obviously if he is still not right in a week or so with the grazing muzzle I will get my vet out but my gut is screaming TOO MUCH RICH GRASS.

dafthoss

Visit site
I have just got mine a grazing muzzle, his waist line has ballooned in the past few days so there is deffinatly something in the grass and he will deffinatly hate me for it.