My horse is an idiot and i want to give up

[59668]

Visit site
Ugh. You know those days. When you take your horse who has been going really well to a clinic at a venue they've been to a thousand times and they revert to being like they were the first day you had them? Upside down head, bucking, cantering on the spot, not going forward.
Seriously want to just quit. A few days ago I wanted to quit with no real reason. Now I have a reason. Today was no fun.

McGrools

Visit site
Ugh. You know those days. When you take your horse who has been going really well to a clinic at a venue they've been to a thousand times and they revert to being like they were the first day you had them? Upside down head, bucking, cantering on the spot, not going forward.
Seriously want to just quit. A few days ago I wanted to quit with no real reason. Now I have a reason. Today was no fun.
Sorry to hear that. Thats horses for you. The winter is rubbish. I question my sanity at this time of year, x100 now we have snow.
I have a mare who can be ace one day and an utter bitch the next but i do actually like the challenge and the learning process, i like having problems to solve. I know if she was perfect all the time it wouldnt be long before i’d get bored.
take the pressure off and have a few weeks or more off riding and wait till you really want to get back on. ??

planete

Visit site
That is me tonight. Coblet is now allowed on the grass and the novelty has gone to his head. He cannot think of anything else, has forgotten his newly acquired manners and has gone back to napping for England!

millikins

Visit site
I blame the weather. My 7 have all been total idiots all day, I think they were just enjoying the cold sunny afternoon after yesterday's gale. I was supposed to ride with my daughter but the connie refused to be caught, the Shetlands charged about like demented clockwork toys, daughter took her Dales mare out who had the vapours about a wheelie bin on its side and the farmer feeding his cows :rolleyes: