My horse is gaining more and more gadgets lol

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Poor boy, today rocky had his first wear of those hats that go over their ears that the showjumpers wear. I've put it on him because hes getting sooooo wound up with the flies - seems to have worked a treat though he completely ignores them now so my plan has worked perfectly *excellent (mr burns hands)*
Only other gadgets he has is a flash (as otherwise he runs around with his mouth open, a great game you see!) and his fulmer snaffle for jumping, though i caught a look of him in the mirror when i was riding and my dear, he does look very gadgeted up even though he really isnt! Bless him!

peterthepony

www.bebo.com
HEHE bless him
grin.gif

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Ria put it on him today and i just burst into laughter he looked like such a geek!! Ria was like 'dont laugh at him you'll hurt his feelings' seriously, was giggling away for about half n hour n he just stood there pulling funny faces as if he was saying 'man im a stud!'

RunToEarth

Visit site
I wouldnt worry about it, mine has one of those cheesecloth thingys on, I feel so mean, and I hate them so much, but they do actually work
blush.gif

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
i have one of those i used on my old pony, they worked but i didnt like wearing them because it made my pony look like one of those chavvy show jumpers!

Frazer

Visit site
My horse has one of them. She has loads of gadjects, side reins, draw reins, chambon, pessoa lunging system, grankle noseband, marintgales etc... but they all work, even though i feel bad.

maddielove

Visit site
know how you feel..my horse now has a flash, dutch gag and i could use a hartbridge training aid..also now can barley ride without overeach boots[otherwise we overreach and get blood through our feathers :S] and brushing boots on her back legs. an when we're out hacking i have to wear her field fly mask..i feel like i'm completley gageting ger up..cause we just rode in a plain snaffle and bridle when i got her..but i'm sure they serve a good purpose

why do you need all these things...... i really do not agree that they work - they may give this impression in the short term but they don't produce correctly working horses, i'm not too familiar with most of the gadgets you mention as i don't use them but side reins for example (and i believe a chambon too?) just pull the horses head in which causes the connection with the back end to be lost..... head in does not = horse working properly.....the outline should come because the horse is working BEHIND which lightens the forehand and allows te horse to work correctly into the bridle - when this is the case the head is not pinned into one position but you can ride in a deep outline, collected...whatever.

this is not aimed at you personally but it reaaly p's me off when people think as long as it's heads in then were ok....you should ride from the back to the front!!

[ QUOTE ]
even though i feel bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
just read this bit....you should - i'm suprised the horse can move let alone work correctly

appennea

Visit site
Don't let people make you feel bad - there's a time and place for such things as long as they are used correctly and to aid a correct way for working not replace it. If you can help a horse develop the correct muscles to work correctly - you've had some help that's all. Personally have just had to work my horse hard in a Pessoa for ten weeks (tut tut awful person) as she had to use it as daily physio for a back problem. My god, the looks of horror on so many faces even though this was the advice from my vets and two physios. It enabled her to be strong enough to then work without anything on the lunge and stretch long and low without being "persuaded". I can guarantee that if she had a problem with it she would have let me known very strongly. Time & place (p.s. I quite like diamante browbands but then I also liked bright white Hampa boots when they were all the rage in the 80s!)

vivhewe

Visit site
Dan has a running martingale on and I'm hoping I can get rid of it in the future. When I got him he had a flash on, but the first time I rode him I rode without and then the second time I rode him I put it on and he hated it, so it's been off ever since!

I might get him a diamante browband though, and bright pink saddlecloth
wink.gif