My horse isn't broken!

vanessahook

Visit site
I posted on here a week or so ago saying i was gonna sell my horse cos i had finally had enough of her behaviour.
Anyway i decided one final check from all parties so we had dentist = nothing, "teeth fine as they always are", farrier = nothing, "what great feet this horse has", physio = "little bit sore on right hip, one treatment is all she needs" and then VET this morning= problems with her ovaries, her left one wont release eggs so she has one MASSIVE egg blocking her up!!! What a relief! The poor thing has had this problem all summer and probably had it every summer since shes been old enough to come into season!
So we have started with a hormone injection to induce a proper ovulation and hopefully she will be on the mend!
So the moto of the story is even if it seems like they're justing being difficult always check all avenues.

Beanyowner

Visit site
Pleased it seems to be working out. Keep us posted on how she gets on!!
laugh.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
So pleased you found out the problem. So many people think their horses are just being difficult and sell them without the relevant checks.

In some cases the horse is just being difficult but like yours it just goes to show not all of them are like that so its worth getting them checked out.

vanessahook

Visit site
Even if this injection doesn't work the vet has more tricks up his sleave so its not the be all and end all.
So glad cos i've had her since she was a yearling so a lot of time and effort to give up on without a fight!