My horse on youtube without permission

mollichop

Visit site
Arrived at the horses field with my friend (we share) Saturday afternoon to find a man at the gate with his phone out. Said to her I hope he hasn't been feeding them.

The field is at the end of a disused lane that leads to an old railway line. There is nothing but farm buildings and one house along it. Got out and started chatting to him about what a lovely day it was etc... it was apparent that he was a bit slow (sorry if that's the wrong term) and he said he had been filming the lane. I asked if he meant the train line and he said not really. He told me he filmed loads of walks he went on and puts them on youtube. He said his youtube name and off he went.

Had a little look yesterday and the film starts off with the village signpost, then the lane signpost :eek: and proceeds down the lane towards the field. He stops at the gate where the youngster wanders over to him and he comments that he hasn't got any food for it. Then the other 2 come to the gate and he is fussing them. He then says "oops gotta go" before film cuts - that was us pulling up lol :D

Now he was harmless bless him and probably unaware of any problem but i'm a bit miffed that he has advertised exactly where our horses are given how remote it is. I want to post a comment on the clip but don't want to upset him or draw further attention to it. What would you do?

dieseldog

Visit site
Ask Youtube to remove it?

How many views are his videos getting? Is it something to get worried about if he doesn't have many followers

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Bless. I'd ask for it to be deleted and send him a message saying that people who aren't as nice as him, might be unkind to the horses. Maybe he can continue to film them and not put them online perhaps. Sounds like a sweet guy TBH.

Clippy

Visit site
I very much doubt any harm would come to your horses because of his filming but i'd probably be miffed too :(

mollichop

Visit site
Oh he was a lovely chap, i've no concerns with him fussing them but it's just the fact that it makes it so obvious where they are that's all.

Soo where's the remove feature please? :)

ISHmad

Visit site
I'd find that a bit creepy so can well understand your concern. Technically I believe he owns the copyright (not 100% sure but think this is the case) but he sounds like the kind of person who wouldn't want to cause upset. Hope You Tube can sort it out for you.

SusieT

Visit site
He's not doing anything anyone walking down the lane couldnt do in terms of looking at things is he? If he was trespassing ask him to remove the vid otherwise not a lot you can do..

NeverSayNever

Visit site
you can flag it as inappropriate and then explain that it invades privacy or whatever reason.

i had to contact utube after a young girl came to view my horse,and a few days later i was alerted to her utube channel and lo and behold was a this fancy long vid about my horse, featuring footage they had taken of me riding him for them, at my house!:mad: i also rang the girls mother and told them exactly what i thought of them. They had no intention of ever buying btw, they were joyriders and what miffed me also was that through the video she had overlaid text commenting on his way of going and at one point said he was a project (which he certainly was not):mad: utube removed the vid, they were very good about it.

Kenzo

Visit site
If it makes you feel un easy then there is nothing wrong with asking for it to be removed and I wouldn't feel guilty about it, if it was someone's children riding in the field I think people would feel differently, but also if you have horses on on very quiet lane and the wrong person happens to view and is familiar with that area then you never know, harmless bit of filming for him but obviously a conern to you.

It's a shame we have to be 'too careful' but that is what society has driven us to I suppose.:)