my horses free jumping video

marmite

Visit site
WOW WOW WOW what talented horses you have they are simply wonderful how lucky you are.
They just dont touch them do they,i would love to be onboard those two jumping im green with envy you really have 2 cracking horses there.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Two very nice horse!!!!

Milo has certainly got a jump on him hasn't he
shocked.gif

Really like bere though and i am looking for a horses at the moment but probably way out of my price range ha ha

katelarge

Visit site
Wow! Of the two Milo (the right bay) looks to have the bigger jump, even the 1m30+ fences are getting about two foot of air! There are only a few shots where the horses seem to hesitate a bit on the approach but they all seem to be jumping willingly, and massively!

What ages are they and what are your plans for them?

Did they get a very big pat and a day off afterwards? Those fences were huge! Lovely horses!

katelarge

Visit site
BTW there are some really nice horses on that site and very reasonably priced - puts some people's dopey prices in perspective! Hope you get a great home for Bere, he will go far... but I'm sure you're sad to see him go.

ihatework

Visit site
Ok ....
Milo, lovely, really uses himself over a fence. I would now be doing lots of grid exercises with him to neaten him a bit more in front and then you have a super sj prospect there.
Bere, nice horse, not the same class as milo, he needs more time to develop and if he were mine I wouldn't be chasing him down to big fences like that, he was looking a little unsure at times.
All just my rather insignificant opinion.

Parkranger

Visit site
What lovely horses - Milo is an amazing jumper and really seems to glide over everything.

Bere is also talented but I think Milo is a bit of a superstar!

I have to agree with Ben_and_Jerrys - Bere looked a bit akward coming out of alot of the jumps.....certainly got lots of potential though!

Tempi

Visit site
Im so glad you wrote that, as its exactly what i was thinking. Milo jumps nicely but does need to tidy infront.

Bere did look very uncertain at times and if someone hadnt been chasing him with a lunge whip he certainly wouldve stopped. I think if i was you id worry about overfacing him, hes only 6 years old and you dont want to push too much out of him at too young an age when he is obviously doubting the size of the fences at times.

Saying that im sure you will get the asking price for him and he is lovely. Just be careful how far you push him. xx

HunterJumper

New User
Visit site
They are lovely Jade but I do think some of these posts are unnecassery. Jade doesnt overface them at all. Lots of horses are like that when freeschooling as they dont have the encouragement of the rider. She also isnt chasing him with the lunge line as where is she behind the jump?

They are lovely horses and good luck with selling them someone will snap them up asap
xx

Claireg9

Visit site
I like Bere the best, i can see Milo has a bigger jump but i think Bere has plenty more scope to go, he just clears them by enough, this way he wastes no time or unneccesary energy, ok so they both looked a little uncomfy over a couple of fences but this is down to them getting thereselves wrong strided, the bigger jumps they stood off nicely and jumped so much better than the little ones, lovely video, i only wish i had the money to purchase Bere!
Good luck with everything there two superstars!
C x

Tempi

Visit site
You can see a person with a lunge whip waving it when Bere is looking like stopping. Thats just my opinion, and if you read my post properly i said i thought they were both lovely and Bere would sell easily.

HunterJumper

New User
Visit site
Yes but shes not running behind him shoving it up his bottom is she? Shes stood in the same place the whole time. I did read your post properly over and over again and was not going to reply. I have done this with all my horses, does that mean im overfacing my 13year old?

Sarah1

Visit site
There is only one word that I can think of for your horses...stunning!
They are both absolutely gorgeous and a credit to you!
I wouldn't jump my youngster that high (although he probably hasn't done as much as Bere has and is 1 year younger) but you know your horses so I don't think for 1 minute you'd deliberately overface them.
I do think Bere was thinking about stopping but that's typical of a youngster, you want him to back off a little rather than go full pelt at it, and if he'd really not been comfortable jumping it he'd have stopped, lunge whip or not!
Beautiful, beautiful horses - I am in total awe!

Sarah1

Visit site
I think he might have been trying to find time to work out the best way to jump it without knocking his legs, he's obviously very careful and by the looks of it is a clever horse too!

Tempi

Visit site
right, im not in the mood for this today - at WHAT point if any did i say it was being waved up his bottom??????? i said i could see someone waving a stick. The whole POINT of this forum is to voice opinions and ive voiced mine. at NO time did i say i didnt like the horse, i just said be careful not to overface. thats MY opinion so stop attacking me for it. like ive said THREE times now i think both the horses are gorgeous and have fab jumps so please butt out and leave me alone.

Oh, and there is a big age difference between a 6 and a 13 year old............id expect a 13 yeard old grade a to jump fences like that very willingly.

Read back, i wasnt the only person to make this comment, so stop being so personal and back off.

Haflinger

Visit site
SJSTAR people are simply voicing what they think - there is no need to take it out on them.

Try to be a bit less touchy
wink.gif

Have a nice day! xx

Sarah1

Visit site
Well said! I think the heat is getting to everyone today!
There is no need to make any of this personal, jadeshowjumper asked for comments and that's all people are doing - passing comment!
I do think Bere looked like stopping - as I've said I think he was making sure he didn't knock his legs and he probably needed a gentle nudge, hence the lunge whip - which is clearly visable. However, after that Bere jumped even higher and showed no signs of stopping, he'd obviously built his confidence possibly due to being encouraged over the previous jump!
PG is right, there is a big difference between 6 and 13 and you wouldn't necessarily do things with a 6 year old that you'd do with a 13 year old but I'm sure that jadeshowjumper's priority is the welfare of her horses.
See, no nasty comments just voicing an opinion!

Claireg9

Visit site
Im sat in an office with no air con, and the whole building is made of glass!!!
It is like a green house in here, unbareable!
frown.gif

I hate the heat, but i love Bere... if i win the lottery!!!!!
Lol